ACER ONE 10 won't auto rotate

dmnurjaya
dmnurjaya Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives

Hi...

I have a brand new Acer One 10 with Win 8.1 pre-installed.

My new Acer one 10 won't auto rotate even when I re-install G-sensors driver from Acer support.

Anybody can help me? thanks

jaya

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You might have a hardware failure with the motion sensors. Contact Acer support for your locale.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey

I know of an Acer Aspire One and Acer Switch 10. Is yours one of those? The Switch 10 should auto rotate when disconnected from the keyboard and should rotate as appropriate to the keyboard connection when connected. Let us know what you have and what is happening...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dmnurjaya

Acer One 10 is more likely switch 10, I thought. It's a hybrid table with keyboard and 500 GB HDD include in the package.

http://www.acerid.com/2015/01/acer-one-10-keunggulan-notebook-tablet-jadi-satu/

• Hi Jaya,

You can choose auto rotate option from Brightness & also from screen resolution,. for steps check here: http://www.howtogeek.com/129732/how-to-disable-screen-rotation-in-windows-8/
  • dmnurjaya

doesn't work on my acer, the screen still won't auto rotate..

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Can you change it by selecting portait or landscape. Is the autorotate checkbox checked ? Have to be explicit.

Little late to check now but if you download the Microsoft Sensor Diagnostics program, it should tell you if the gyro is working.

• billsey
    Answer ✓

You might have a hardware failure with the motion sensors. Contact Acer support for your locale.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Ok download the Microsoft Sensor Diagnostics Tool (I have 0.7.2)

Start the tool and select the HID Sensor Collection: Inclinometer. In the second box (Data) there are a number of tilt degrees (X,Y, and Z). Rotate the device. The degrees should change.

If they do, the issue is software. If not, hardware.

• dmnurjaya
    Done...my Acer goes to Acer Service Center...thanks all
  • khoiril
    khoiril Member Posts: 2 New User

i have same problem

i try to get update diver

kionix sensor newest driver  download at

http://www.kionix.com/downloads

• khoiril
    khoiril Member Posts: 2 New User

my problem, when i installed windows 10 clean installation and I wipe/ delete all drive

my display rotate 90 deg . its anoying

then i download the new version kionix driver at kionik website

http://www.kionix.com/downloads

pick the driver for windows 7,8.1 and 10

problem solved

• mickey_lin
    mickey_lin Member Posts: 1 New User

I think I've solved it:

1. Go to Start -> Windos Sysmtem -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> System

2. Click on Device Manager on the left penl

3. Go down the list and find Sensor I/O devices and click on this to drop down the menu

4. Right click on Kionix accelerometer and select on update driver.

5. After updating, restart your computer and it should work.

• robsor
    robsor Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also had simulary problem after preinstalation to windows 10. All the time in with keyboard position of screen was as for tablet. I check that without keyboard was automaticly rotate but with keyboard view was 90' turned. To leave position to 270' so as for PC with keyboard i change the size of text apps to 125% and back 100% and choice "apply" after log out and log in the posistion stay right in 2070' posistion as for PC.
  • Cheetah
    Cheetah Member Posts: 1 New User

I think I've solved it:

1. Go to Start -> Windos Sysmtem -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> System

2. Click on Device Manager on the left penl

3. Go down the list and find Sensor I/O devices and click on this to drop down the menu

4. Right click on Kionix accelerometer and select on update driver.

5. After updating, restart your computer and it should work.

This actually worked... Thanks mate.. I was breaking my heak all day....