Acer wifi limited connectivity issue

2»

Answers

• not2melo
    not2melo Member Posts: 1 New User

Any other solutions, my Acer V3-571 has the same problems with limited connection.
    I flashed the new bois ver "BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades) 2.11 and

then unistalled the "Atheros - Wireless LAN Drivers" and install the new version of them

"Atheros - Wireless LAN Driver (new) 10.0.0.217.v3" but still have Limited connection.

I do have net access and even though it says not connected in the task tray and limited

in the side menu it works fine for about 50min or so then drops off. It auto connects in

about 10 seconds or so and cycle for another 50min or so. It a real pain in the butt does

anyone else have input on this, or should I do in another sequence then previously tried?

• dar1dr
    dar1dr Member Posts: 2 New User

It's not just limited to ACER it's all win 8 users. I've Googled over and over for this issue and all brands using win 8 are having the problem .

this guy seemed to help me the best so far: I did both steps to all levels of power and adaptor. (sorry I'm not a tech guru or know all the lingual. )But

http://www.ppartyka.com/2012/12/tutorial-windows-8-laptop-keeps.html

then there is this forum on win 8 i've been keeping an eye on too and found other helpful things like removing win8 logon screen

http://www.forumswindows8.com/network-sharing/wpa2-psk-problem-cannot-connect-network-8938.htm

• NickMun21
    NickMun21 Member Posts: 5 New User

I have a V3-551 win 7 64, same thing..... drops internet connection..... but keeps the local area connection.  Its getting progressively worse.  Router logs reveal  that this machine only is [DHCP IP: 192.168.1.102] to MAC address XX:XX and [WLAN access allowed] from MAC:  XX:XX  and every time it drops I have that in my internet log.  Ive done everything possible to stop this increasing agrivating issue, but there arent any updated drivers from acer for the ar5bwb222 wifi.  blue tooth is completely disabled and no other wireless devices have this issue.   Any suggestions, im really regretting getting this laptop

• alicepattinson
    alicepattinson Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter

Hmmmm. Me tooo. but not a lot of times, only couple oh hours in week. But I hope it wont get any worse. MAybe, we need to reformat.

This discussion has been closed.