How do I turn off the monitor's energy saver and Aspire logo when monitor is turned back on?

Options
2»

Answers

• snblackout
    snblackout Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I created an account just to let everyone know how to do this.

When you first turn on the Acer monitor, you're shown an Acer logo that slowly fades out, then you're shown an Energy Saver logo briefly, in total it's about 10 seconds to see your desktop.  You can cut this down to about 2 seconds with the below steps:

1. Turn off your monitor
    2. Press and hold the "LEFT MOST" button
    3. Turn on your monitor
    4. When you see your desktop, press the middle MENU button
    5. Press it again to bring up the OSD
    6. Notice OSD will now be in the top-left portion of the monitor
    7. Also notice there is an "F" in the top left of the OSD
    8. Arrow to it and press the middle ENTER button
    9. You're now in the Service Mode menu
    10. Arrow up to "Power On Logo" and press ENTER (You'll have to know these by heart from the OSD as there is no guide)
    11. Arrow up/down to change to OFF
    12. Press the ENTER key
    13. Arrow down to EXIT
    14. Press ENTER
    15. Turn off your monitor
    16. Turn it back on now
    17. You get to the desktop in a few seconds

Enjoy!

• wille211
    wille211 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Ok. I'm not interested to reduce the display time of your logo to 2 seconds. Like the other cusomers I'm interested in seeing explicitly *no logo*.

There is nothing to enjoy.

I understand you know the wishes of your customers, but you will not fulfill them. So the only way to get rid of the splash screen is to return the monitor to the dealer. Because its a new monitor its easy and I will do it now.

A sentence of your home page:

"To truly empower people, Acer understands that customers are the essence of our business practices. As such, we take a "customer-centric" approach as one of our core values and is the foundation for all decisions. Acer believes in placing first priority on listening and satisfying customer needs, and then delivering first-class products and services. This mindset begins from the technology concept, to research and design, to delivery, and efficient after-sales service. Only by doing so, may our customers be truly empowered with Acer's technology."

• mcolqu
    mcolqu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I could not get into the Service Mode as per instructions but from the instructions I deducted that to turn the monitor on and not have the stupid logo come up you simply hold the left most button and then power on the monitor and it comes straight on with no delay.

This does not solve the problem when the monitor is on and in sleep mode but you can simply turn it off and then hold the left most button and poer it on, hey presto.

Did anyone manage to get into Service mode apart from snblackout?

I also managed to get into the standard screen settings and turn ON Quick Start Mode which seems to do what is described in the instructions and just shows the Acer logo for a second or 2 which is an improvement.

• albatross1729
    albatross1729 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I too find this issue extremely annoying. Is there any news for how to get rid of thhe Acer/Energy Star logo completely from Acer? I am using dual displays with an HP which doesn't show the logo, so I believe it is a problem with the Acer monitor.

Also @mcloqu you're right it by holding the leftmost button while turning on the monitor the logo disappears. Makes the whole thing even more infuriating because that means the Acer can fix it easily. >_<

• saigoner
    saigoner Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    my acer turned off itself overnight. Now it doesn't do it any more. How to get back this type of energy saving?
  • nirajkapadia
    nirajkapadia Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    There is a way to do this. Press the menu button, go down to the general settings, and find the "Quick Start" option. Turn that on and it will remove both the Acer logo on startup and the energy-saver logo too.
  • RayA
    RayA Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Great, this works perfectly on my H276HL monitor. No more logo on power ON. Acer should have also included this option in the normal menu. Shame on them for forcing people to watch that annoying logo on every power up. I don't have a "Quick Start" option on my OSD menu.
  • EthanH
    EthanH Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Sadly, none of the above-mentioned solutions work on my G246HL monitor. I even tried after updating to the latest driver available (version 1.0; 2017/05/10; W10-64bit). Nothing new in my OSD menu, so I guess I'll just have to press the power button while holding the left most one to save a few seconds every time...Moral of the story: "don't buy an acer monitor next time".