How to fix boot loop Acer B1-720

Options
ivyromano27
ivyromano27 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all,

After I update my firmware, my tablet keeps on rebooting into boot logo, and suddenly recovery mode will appear in the screen. Pls help. I stumle in many theards but I could find a stock firmware for this device. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may try the below mentioned recovery steps.

The following steps will erase all of your personal information, all stored contacts and any programs you have installed on your tablet.

Power off the tablet.
    Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the touch screen lock switch.
    With the Volume up button held, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.
    Once the tablet screen turns on, release the Volume up button.
    On the Select Boot Mode screen, select [SD Image Update Mode]. Use the Volume up and Volume down keys to navigate through the menus and use the Power button to select the desired option.
    On the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
    When prompted to Confirm wipe of all user data, select Yes -- delete all user data.
    On the Android system recovery screen, select reboot system now. Your data will be erased.
    Your tablet will reboot and go to the Welcome screen. Follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.

If any issue persists, If you have a unit from US or Canada, live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here :Acer Global Support

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• bleepbleep61
    bleepbleep61 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I just solved my own bootloop issue on my Iconia B1 710 ... Not knowing anything about the problem ... Did some research ... Long story short .... When screen is frozen at Acer logo = bootloop ... Here is the solution ...  Make sure Power is off .... (Press and hold at bootloop stage)

Pry off back cover carefully ... Its easy once started around the sd slot ... Disconnect the battery plug ... Its under tape and very small ... Wait a few minutes ... Reconnect ...

Carefully pop cover back on and power up ... NO DATA LOSS !!!

Came back 100% ... Spread this solution around please !!

• bleepbleep61
    bleepbleep61 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Incidently 

While I was replacing the cover I noticed the little speaker was mis aligned ... had been since new ... So I put it in its little spot ... Popped on the cover ... Sounds. Much better now ... What a bonus .... 

Spoiler