Poor wireless network Aspire S7 391

Options
mholman
mholman Member Posts: 3 New User

I have seen several other post with similar, but not the same issue, and none of which had resolutions.  I have a clean install of Windows 8.1, all updates applied, latest BIOS, and all drivers from Acer site installed - including the latest wireless Atheros v10.0.0.276.

With a constant ping going you will see ping times from 20ms to 1500ms and a lot of drops (packet loss).  Three other machines on the same wifi without issue.  It is basically unusable it is so poor.  I am not sure what else to try at this point.  I have taken some suggestions from other forum discussions, but nothing works or really seems to be the exact same issue. 

Out of options here, so hoping someone has further suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

About all I can suggest is Download the driver and extract it to a new folder on the desktop.

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driverv10.0.0.276251.7 MB2014/01/14Download

Uninstall the WIFI in Programs and features and Device Manager, checking delete software and reboot. 

Go to Device Manager and right click on the unknown device, choose update Driver Software, Browse my Computer and fing the file on your Desktop.

• mholman
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have actually tried this already with no luck. 

• mholman
    Options

I just tried your suggestion again just for fun, but still no luck.  I may end up buying an external USB wifi device per a suggestion in another post.