Aspire 7540 won't boot

Options
marcycn43
marcycn43 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Aspire 7540-1284  Shut it down.  Went to turn it on and the blue lights are working but it just lets me know the Hd is there but then gets quiet - nothing shows on the screen.  It's 5 years old and I just reinstalled Win 7 Pro this week.  I removed the battery.  Same thing.  I put the HD in an external case and hooked it up to another laptop and it is fine.  Suggestions?

Best Answer

• marcycn43

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

It's the mothrboard. :-(  After taking out the HD and memory, how do I dispose of the laptop?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

1. Check or have someone check the output of your power supply.

2. With power and battery removed, hold down power button for 30 seconds and let sit for 5 or 10 minutes. Plug in power and try.

3. The motherboard went bad.

• marcycn43

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

It's the mothrboard. :-(  After taking out the HD and memory, how do I dispose of the laptop?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Give it to the goodwill or put it in your recycle bin.

• marcycn43

Tinkerer

Options

I thought technology items had to be disposed of in a certain way.  Thanks for evrything. :-)

• V24252
    V24252 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    There is a 3.3 CR 2032 Type battery on the motherboard....It is below the keyboard in the front center of the main board....remove the screws and using a separation tool or screwdriver lift up the front end of the top half of the assembly and using a needle nose pliers remove the old cell and install a fresh one..  do this each year and you system will last for years....I don't know why Acer didn't place the battery cell in the bottom cover....
  • V24252
    V24252 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    this battery affects the bios and when depleated the bios will not boot....