S7 trackpad problem

Options
Nami
Nami Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I recently bought a all new S7 (1 week).

I am really happy with it, it's incradible, but I have a rea problem:

Track pad is not going straight in vertical direction, but the mouse is displacing step bby step...

This is very inconfortable to touch some little internet links, mouse is doing like scales... Smiley Sad

Is it a simple solution?

Precision : We bought 2 S7, one for me and one for my compagny's partner : He has the same problem!!

Can you tell me what I have to do? Is I have to give it back to acer, do I have to do it by the internet store I used to buy it?

Thanks a lot for your wuick answer, it's pretty embarrasing...

Gwenaël

Answers

• pardes3
    pardes3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Install the driver on the top from this page and all your issues will be addressed:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/elantech.htm

Then if you want to enable two finger touch pop up menu (right click without tapping button) then in your registry at :

HKCU\software\elan\smartpad

change the following values:

"Tap_Two_Finger_ShowItem"=dword:00000001
    "Tap_Two_Finger_Enable"=dword:00000001
    "Tap_Two_Finger"=dword:00000001
    "Tap_Two_Finger_Ex"=""
    "Tap_Two_Finger_Path"=""

Reboot.

• Nami
    Nami Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

Unfortunatly this doesn't solve my problem Smiley Sad ...

Driver is now in version 11.14.1.3 (like the top of the list, 14.1.3 mean 11.14.1.3).

Do you have any other solution?.. :'(

Thanks in advance,

• cristiano
    cristiano Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    I have the same touchpad's problem .
    Also when i move the cursor on diagonal, it is not moving straight, but looks like it's drowing some waves, some "s" shapes..
    Anyone can help us?
    Thanks
  • rosustefan
    rosustefan Member Posts: 26

Tinkerer

Options

same problem here! i went in service with my laptop and all they could tell me is" ge used to it!"

there is no problem with your trackpad, they are all the same. BAD! For the amount of money paid for this laptop, we should get better everything, not worse!

stefan

• cristiano
    cristiano Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

it's funny that a seven years old notebook have a better touchpad than 1400€ ultrabook. Man Indifferent

However thank you for reply Smiley Happy

Cristiano

• TheACN
    TheACN Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

This is unacceptable!!! Don't give up, don't get used to it, don't just let Acer live with it!

Touchpad gets worse overtime, believe me! Mine used to move step by step, but now it's going everywhere! 

I am sending this laptop back for repair!

• wfhsiao
    wfhsiao Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, I just bought this ultrabook (acer s7), and met the same problem without knowing how to right-click an item. However, doing a google search I found this following link:

http://www.elculodelmundo.com/acer-aspire-ultrabook-s7-super-thin-with-windows-8.html

and understood that the right-bottom corner of the trackpad can emulate the right button.

Furthermore, left bottom corner serves left button, and swiping left side and right side of the trackpad can have the same effects as swiping on the touch screen.

• AcerofSpades
    AcerofSpades Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Having the same problems, except no matter how much I adjust settings, reinstall drivers, reboot, or reinstall the operating system, my trackpad is sloppy, imprecise, and frustrating.  Considering the computer is a day old, this is unacceptable.  This was after spending an inordinate amount of time even finding a phone number for customer service, and than speaking with reps who should be on low-budget bollywood films, not assisting american customers.  I'm returning the product and will remember not to deal with this company again.  

This discussion has been closed.