Iconia A1-830 will not wake up from sleep without restart

ChrissyC
ChrissyC Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives
I bought this tablet right before Xmas. It is an Android OS Iconia A1-830. For some reason about a month ago it started having trouble waking up from timing out. It would eventually do it, but only after 3 or 4 times of pushing the power button. Then when you got back on screen it would just go black and you would have to do this a couple of times before it would work right again. Now it just times out and WILL NOT come back on when hitting the power button unless you do the 10 second hold and restart the thing. You can have JUST restarted it and it be on the opening screensaver, but if you let it time out you will have to restart AGAIN. I am not sure what to do. I have restored it to factory settings 3 times now and it STILL keeps doing it. Does anyone have any idea why my tablet would be behaving this way? I have never dropped it, etc, still looks brand new.

Answers

• ChrissyC
    I thank you for your response but am confused as to why I was directed to that post as it is for the 840 not the 830 and it does not seem like anything was resolved at all. I read through to page 13 and people were still asking questions and waiting for the technician to get back to them. Did I miss something in the thread?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i put that link, so you can add your issue too, it's not related to 840 only.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ChrissyC

Thanks Ironfly. I just did add to that thread and I hope we get a response for a fix soon. I appreciate your directing me there. Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi Chrissy,

The other thread is actually handling the A1-840 and while the devices are very similiar, they do have some internal difference so we'll want to keep the issues separate.

For your issue I want to provide a link to a video we have on a full hardware reset (not from the software) and see if this helps at all. If you continue to have issues, I'd strongly suggest contacting our support team as there may be an issue that needs to be serviced.

Link to Hardware Reset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I7Dxwuo-2w

Thanks,
    Cory

• ChrissyC

I followed your link and did the hardware reset.  I immediately went about setting it back up and entering my google info and skipped past the rest. It brought me to the home screen and started the tutorial. I got done with that and hit the power button to sleep it.  Once again it will not come out of sleep and had to restart it.

I then repeated this whole process of the hardware wipe. This time it timed out while I was trying to log into my Acer ID for the tablet and now won't come on without a restart.

Is there a patch for this or something similar?

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Crissy,

If the device is powering off and you can't power it back up at all, I'd suggest contacting support. There isn't an update for the issue as there isn't a systemic issue.

Cory

• loocheehoe
    loocheehoe Member Posts: 2 New User

we also having the same problem. The table after sleep mode cant wakeup.

We attempt with soft race and factory reset. Yet, the device still cant wakeup after sleep.

The question is how to solve this problem? Is a power button failure or screen cant wake up but we heard the wakeup sound. I must forever switch on the table to prevent it from forever sleep mode.

Please help since everyone start to occur the same problem.

• loocheehoe
    loocheehoe Member Posts: 2 New User

Got technician from outside report that the screen sleep and cant awakeup throught power button is related to the battery. Therefore, the internal battery is malfunction and need to change.

• jamulloa
    jamulloa Member Posts: 1 New User

I have exactly the same problem. My tablet goes to sleep and there is no way to turn it on again without having to reboot. My tablet is an Acer iconia A1-830

• Tulugak
    Tulugak Member Posts: 1 New User
    My A1-830 was working fine until I replaced the battery - after I put it back together it would not wake up after going to sleep.

When I replaced the battery I had to lift the black tape that covered the screen connection on the motherboard because the end of it was stuck on the battery.  That caused my problem because the tape lifted the connection locking tab and slightly loosened the screen ribbon cable.

Here's the fix:

Shut down the tablet. Remove your xd card. Remove the back cover. Locate the black tape that covers the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the motherboard - by the bottom left corner of the battery.  Lift the tape to get access to the connector on the motherboard. Gently lift the slim brown locking tab to free the cable. Unplug the ribbon cable from the motherboard and then reinsert it, making sure it goes back in flush on both sides. Flip down the brown licking tab - making sure it fully clises. Replace the black tape. Before replacing the back cover - restart the tablet, put it to sleep by gently pressing on the exposed power button on the side, cobfirm that it wakes up by pressing the power button.

If it works, replace the cover (make sure you have the power/ volume button assembly in place) and retest.

If it doesn't, then at least you know what it looks like inside.