Restore media costs - UK vs US

Mrcontroversial
Mrcontroversial Member Posts: 22 New User

Hi,

I'm using a new Aspire S3, well, sort of!

3 mths after booting up for the first time, I got the bluse screen of death. I hadn't even finished transfering important data from my old Mac, let alone completed a backup. Little did I realise that the machine came with no physical restore media. I hadn't though of that yet with the machine being so new.

Acer asked me to send it back to wipe clean and reset to factory setting but I needed to save data first, requiring me to access the HD by installing a different version of Win8 from a USB stick.

I'm now looking to get the machine back to factory and start afresh. I find it difficult to swallow that I have to pay for media within such a short time but what I cannot swallow is the price difference between thw US and the UK:

$19.99 vs £51.06.... nearly 4 x the price.

Can anyone offer a valid reason for the difference?

Thank you

Answers

• Mrcontroversial
    Mrcontroversial Member Posts: 22 New User

OK, so Acer didn't have a reason. "That's what it costs and that's what you'll have to pay"....

However, having raised the issue with the helpdesk, the discs were sent to me FOC as the product was still under warranty.

Thanks for not being an ***** Acer Smiley Happy

Now I just gtta figure out what to do with the 5 discs I got sent. New thread me thinks