Aspire R13 Keyboard really is that bad

Options
demichej
demichej Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I am re-opening a thread because for some unknown reason a different thread was closed out as "Solved".....when the issue isn't solved at all.

Unfortunately, the R13 keyboard really is a disaster. You'll see reviews on the internet about it, but it's just an extremely poor design. There are missed keys all the time and you have to really pound on the keys to get it to register strokes.

THis is really unfortunate because the keyboard could be one of those things that I can deal with even if I don't love it. But with it just not working at all it's a deal breaker.

Otherwise this machine is AMAZING....it really is awesome. But I'll have to bring it back to the Microsoft Store.

Answers

• maximemoreillon
    maximemoreillon Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Options

It should also be mentionned that the keystrokes are sometimes recorded twice by the keyboard, resulting in characters being doubled.

My laptop was sent yesterday to get these issues and various others fixed but since it's a matter of poor design rather than a faulty unit, I doubt the problem will be solved. I'll post updates when I get the computer back from repair next week.

• sjm01
    sjm01 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

Although the post http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Aspire-R13-keyboard-issues/m-p/330261#M54028 "Re: Aspire R13 keyboard issues" was shown as solved by the original poster, that discussion is still active and is being monitored by Acer Technical Support as they are working to investigate the issue.  If you are having issues with the R13 keyboard, please post there.

• bambam207
    bambam207 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

you are correct. i can not type o tis peice of *****.  it misses letters all the timeunles i bang the ***** out of them.

what a blunder, didn tthey test this thing or read the internet review and make a chane? nope, hey keep selling these defectie computers to suckers al ay long.  

• jmlinder74
    jmlinder74 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Bought my ACER r13 about a month or so ago.  Let me echo what everyone on the internet is saying about this machine.

Great computer, greaet hinge design.  Keyboard = terrible.  I am normally a very fast typist and it's an important part of my work day as I am a professor.  However, with the r13, I constantly make errors.  If you don't hit the key hard, square in the middle, it simply doesn't register.

I get that ACER was trying to keep the final cost low, but why put in the worst keyboard imaginable?  I would have gladly paid an extra bit of money for a keyboard that works. 

So frustrating because everying else about the computer I love.  Grrrrrrr......

Please excuse any typos....I'm typing this on my ACER r13.