Predator AG3-605-UR1D - Easy Swap Bay?

Options
jwl1986
jwl1986 Member Posts: 3 New User

I just bought the Predator AG3-605-UR1D.  I saw that it has what they call an Easy Swap Bay in the front - it has an orange button on it and I understand that you can put a hard drive in there for additional space.  I have a hard drive ready to go, but I'm having trouble getting the Easy Swap Bay to come out.

I've read that its as simple as depressing the orange button and pulling it out, but I can't seem to get it to come loose.  I noticed a screw on the lefthand side of the bay - do I need to unscrew this in order to get the bay out?

Any help would be great!

Best Answer

• jwl1986
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've solved the issue!  The screw was indeed the reason why the bay wasn't opening.  For any users with this chasis, you'll need a torx screwdriver to unscrew it.

Answers

• bluesteel72
    bluesteel72 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Is flipping the orange button releasing the lock arm for the tray?

On mine (Acer Predator AG3-620, which is practically the same chassis), I stick my thumb in the open space next to the orange button and pull out.  The locking arm is spring-loaded, and it opens out at a 45-degree angle.  Then, use the arm to pull the tray out of the bay.  Just curious if the arm is popping out for your or not.

I don't see any screw on mine when it's in the bay.  You can try loosening the screwn to see if that results in any extra wiggle on the tray (assuming the locking arm is releasing...).

• jwl1986
    Options

The orange button doesn't seem to be releasing the lock arm, at least not in a spring loaded fashion.  I'm starting to wonder if the screw really is the culprit - its located literally right next to the button.  Or perhaps the mechanism on my case is broken.  I'm not sure

I found a review video of my model which shows a person inserting the bay back into the chasis.  I'll put a link to the video below:

http://youtu.be/8v-5sAsyoHU

The point in question occurs at 1:06

• jwl1986
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've solved the issue!  The screw was indeed the reason why the bay wasn't opening.  For any users with this chasis, you'll need a torx screwdriver to unscrew it.

• jakeraz
    jakeraz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

looks like good idea, I have the same problam with my AG3-605-UR1H

I called yesterday to Acer support, spoke with 2 guys & they have no experince with the problam

not happy!!!!!

They don't even know what the screw is all about (on the left side of the orange handle)