Ordering Recovery Disks for AG3620. Desktop Predator G3620, Ci7, 16GB, 3TB, Nvidia 2GB, Win8

kdev
kdev Member Posts: 2 New User
Bought this in April 2014, since then the PC keeps restarting and black screen with this text shows up "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" Response I received via e-recovery "The entered serial number or SNID was not found in our database. Please check and re-enter"

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

kdev,

For help locating your SNID or Serial Number please refer to our Locating your SNID or Serial Number article. If you are still having problems please let me know and I will see how else to help.

Also in regards to your problem, I am not 100% confident that recovery media alone will resolve your issue. The symptoms/message you provided could also indicate a HDD issue as it is asking "select proper Boot device" and this would indicate it is not seeing your HDD.

I would recommend checking the BIOS and make sure your HDD is seen/detected and if it is then you are right the recovery media will resolve the issue. However, if that is not the case, then talking with our technical support group may be useful in providing you with some options in getting your desktop running again.

• kdev
    kdev Member Posts: 2 New User

I've tried to do a complete factory reset (delete all data etc.) 

The system went back to OS 8. I was able to create a recover disk.

Earlier today the error shows up again. I've contacted the local authorized acer service agent. Initially they have suggested obtaining the Recover Disk. However, I think they will now request for the machine to inspect it. 

IMG-20141203-WA0000.jpg