Touch screen not working Aspire R7-572-6802

naqash
naqash Member Posts: 25 New User

All of a sudden my touch screen of Aspire R7 has stopped working. I have done system restore but still not luck. There is no Tablet PC Settings in my control Panel. What should I do? It has happened on its own and I am confused what to do?

Cany anyone help? Smiley Sad

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

naqash,

I am sorry that your touch is no longer working. I am happy to see you have already tried a system restore as this helps identify the problem. Since you stated that there are no longer any touch settings, that indicates the system is not detecting a touch panel. This could mean a few things; either the touch panel is defective and needs to be replaced or the ribbon for the touch panel has some how come disconnected. Unfortunately both situations would require service.

I would recommend contacting technical support in your region for further assistance.

• naqash
    naqash Member Posts: 25 New User

I had installed wintab drivers from n-trig. I removed them and the touch started working.

Tech support guy over chat told me to install them as I was facing some troubles with photoshop.

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I am happy to hear you got it working but at the same time if you performed an OEM factory restore this should have been resolved in the same fashion. Sorry it did not work out that way and hope everything else is in working order.