Acer B276HK Buzz

benstevens48
benstevens48 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I recently purchased an Acer B276HK monitor, which is fine, except that there is a slight buzzing noise from the back right (viewed from the front) of the monitor when on (connected via displayport). I have found a fix for this, which is to turn the volume on the monitor to zero using the OSD. However, every time the montior is turned off or goes into standby and comes back on again, the buzzing sound comes back and I have to turn the volume up to 1 then back to 0 to get the buzzing to go away. Is there any way I can make this a permanent fix? I don't want to use the built-in speakers at all.

Thanks.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Some monitors have an option in the menu to turn the audio off completely. You may try this option. If the buzzing sound is pretty loud, there may be a hardware problem with the speakers. You may try contacting your nearest Acer service center, to inquire about warranty service.

• adbadb
    adbadb Member Posts: 4 New User

Have you had any luck with the speaker buzzing? I can't find a way to permanently disable the speakers on this model.

• CyrilleJ
    CyrilleJ Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I soil the thread, I have the same problem with the same screen. A strange noise comes from the screen.

It arrived twice, the second time was very strong and unpleasant.

I send back the screen to amazon to fix it.