Acer R13 No touchppad gestures

ExPhysCSCS
ExPhysCSCS Member Posts: 10 New User

Having issues with touchpad scrolling and the lack of finger gestures to zoom, go back and forward, etc. Downloaded the latest touchpad drivers from synaptics and said that it installed. When I go into device manager for "mice and other pointing devices" there are no synapticss drivers listed. Just 2 HID-compliant mouse option (I2C HID Device and USB input device) which are from microsoft.  Any suggestions

Driver Version 6.3.9600.17480

Driver Date 6/21/2006

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

Run "main.cpl" without the quotes. What do you see under the device tab?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ExPhysCSCS

I don't see a device tab, only hardware. Under that, there are 2 devices, both of which say HID-compliant mouse

20141227151807.png

• JackE

>>>Driver Version 6.3.9600.17480>>>Driver Date 6/21/2006>>>

Are you sure this is the correct driver? Looks kinda ancient to me?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ExPhysCSCS

I listed that just to show what is installed currently. I even uninstalled them and installed the new driver and the same version populated under the mice driver. I did find the synaptics driver under Human Interface Devices. I then proceeded to disable the 2 drivers under mice. Touchpad still works but there seems to be no improvement in the situation.

20141227154301.png

• JackE

That was the answer to my next question --- did you try to uninstall or delete from Device Mgr?

OK, I suggest you again try to delete the Synaptics device from Device Mgr wherever it appears. Then cold-boot and let windows reinstall whatever driver it defaults to.

If the issue still doesn't resolve on its own, my next question is if you're still under warranty?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ExPhysCSCS

Still defaults to 2006 driver. I found out that pinch to zoom works on everything but chrome, but 3 finger slides (forward and back/Left and right) don't work at all in any application. I just received my laptop last night and this is a brand new product from acer so it is definitely under warranty.

As far as scrolling goes, it's not that sensitive to touches. If I scroll slowly, it will register as a pointer movement (like a one finger touch) and the cursor moves as opposed to the page scrolling. 

Can anyone who owns an Aspire R 13 help and confirm whether 3 finger slides work on their touchpad? Thanks

• cakelicious
    cakelicious Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I got my R13 on Tuesday. I confirm although mousepad 2 or 3 fingers slide is not very smooth or sensitive to touch, it does work and scroll.

• ExPhysCSCS

I found out that this laptop is eqipped with microsoft's precision touchpad which means that there are no 3 finger gestures to go forward and backward on something like your internet browser.  I suppose Synaptics driver works in the background without any customizations as I've read somewhere that it would conflict with some windows elements.

Scrolling is still terrible though (except in windows applications).