Revo center RC-111 BIOS access

redcoat
redcoat Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
I would like to change the boot order for this machine. How do I gain access to the BIOS? thanks Brad

Answers

• Fletcher-Acer
    Fletcher-Acer VIP Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon

To access the BIOS on your RC111, do the following:

Turn off the computer and all attached devices. Remove the cover. Remove the rear I/O plate that covers the VGA port on the back of the unit.  Locate the JP2 debug/user mode jumper on the mainboard. Remove the Pin 1 jumper block to enable the system for debug mode. Connect the power cable to the rear panel. Connect a USB keyboard to the USB port on the mainboard. Connect a monitor to the VGA port on the mainboard. Restart the system. Turn on the monitor. During POST, press <Delete>.

NOTE: If you fail to press <Delete> before POST is completed, you will need to restart the system.

When the Setup Utility screen displays, use the left and right arrow keys to move through the menus.

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the  Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

• sangokushi
    sangokushi Member Posts: 12 New User

I located the JP2 jumper on the motherboard, which is next to the Intel chipset.

It only has two pins. However, there is no jumper block on it by default. Does it mean the system is already on debug mode?

RC111_Motherboard.JPG

• protivakid
    protivakid Member Posts: 4 New User

Same issue tonight, no jumper on the pin. The trick is you need to put a jumper ON the pin to enable debug / BIOS access. Hope this helps.

• Fletcher-Acer
    Fletcher-Acer VIP Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    1. Turn off the computer and all attached devices. 2. Remove the cover. 3. Locate the JP2 debug/user mode jumper on the mainboard. 4. Remove the Pin 1 jumper block to enable the system for debug mode. 5. Connect the power cable to the rear panel. 6. Connect a USB keyboard to the USB port on the mainboard. 7. Connect a monitor to the VGA port on the mainboard. 8. Restart the system. 9. Turn on the monitor. 10. During POST, press . If you fail to press before POST is completed, you will need to restart the system. When the Setup Utility screen displays, use the left and right arrow keys to move through the menus.
  • protivakid
    protivakid Member Posts: 4 New User

Acer-Fletcher your reply is not 100% correct. As I have stated you need to put a jumper ON the pin. By default there is NO jumper on the pin so there is no pin to remove.

Source: Did this last night and have the RC111 right in front of me.

• sangokushi

Thanks protivakid!

I tested today. To access the bios, put a jumper block JP2 jumper. Then press Del or F2 when system bootup.

Now I need to find out where can I get a power cable for installing an extra 2.5" SSD :-)

• bluej
    bluej Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi sangokushi, Did you figure out where to get the power supply? I am having the same issue. Found the bay for 2.5 inch HD, found SATA data connector on the motherboard but can't figure out how to connect power cable.

• sangokushi
  • alexgarin
    alexgarin Member Posts: 2 New User

How about half-size M-SATA connector? Has anybody tried it? You can buy half-size M-SATA 64GB module for $30 so it would be nice to have it there with OS installed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331872258774

• alexgarin
    alexgarin Member Posts: 2 New User

Does anybody know what is the model of video card is installed on Revocenter RC111 home server? I added 2GB memory (so the total is 4GB now) and installed Windows Server 2016 Essentials and it works really cool on this machine, but video output only allows 1024x768 and that's it. I want to update video driver but I don't know what driver is required.

If anyone knows what is the make and model of the video card in RC111 please let me know by replying here. I assume it could be embedded graphics but not sure what exact model.

• GKRoberts
    GKRoberts Member Posts: 2 New User
    My RC111 only came with 2GB of ram on one SODIMM, I cannot find what the specs are for adding another SODIMM.  I tried one but it appears to not be compatible with the system.   I have been unable to even find a full detail on the existing ACER SODIMM.   
    GregR