What are the buttons on a Acer: H276HL for? How do I use them?

MDTerp66
MDTerp66 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Just got an Acer: H276HL for Christmas.  Can't find any documentation on how to use the buttons.  I figured out the right one is power on/off.  Tech Support told me the third one from the right is menu, but could not tell me how to use it.  I have read the quick start and user's manual (yes, there are people who read these things first) and can't find any reference to the buttons.  Nice looking monitor but the documentation is terrible.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi MDTerp66,

The Users manual that has this information can be found on our support page. The instructions start on page 10. Pushing the menu button brings up the on screen display and then the bottom bar provides the corresponding options. For example if you look at the picture on page 13 at the bottom separate from the menu you'll see a thin bar with 5 options (Acer "E", Exit, Enter, Up Arrow, Down Arrow). Don't count the power button as it is just for power, but other than that the far right button will be Down Arrow and the button to it's left will be Up Arron.

User Manual Acer User Manual 1 1.7 MB 2013/08/09 Download

Hope this helps tomorrow.

Cory

• MDTerp66
    MDTerp66 Member Posts: 2 New User

Now that you tell me that there are five buttons (plus power) and that the screen image is what they represent, I can translate the document.  The manual said press the Function button to pull up the menu.  No mention of what button was the function button.  The manual said to press the Empowering key without ever stating that it was a physical button at the bottom of the monitor.  Normally, there is a photo/diagram of the physical unit with all physical buttons, connectors, etc, clearly labeled.  Nothing tells me that once you get the menu, you have to push the appropiate button to use its functionality.  The Empowering menu shows only three choices, giving no indication which are the correct three buttons to push. 

I have worked professionally around PCs for 35 years and can say this is the worst device manual I have had to mess with.  I love the monitor, it is just how badly the user documentation is written.