Aspire V Nitro Spacebar works poorly

steveramirez
steveramirez Member Posts: 2 New User

Thespacebar on this laptop doesn't work.Is their a driver that can be downloaded to increase thesensitivity of the spacebar or is the only solution to send itin for repair. As you can see fromthis message, the spacebarsometimesworks and sometimes doesn't. Anyfeedbackwould be appreciated.Regrettingthis purchaseandreally appreciating my other laptops(AppleAir and Dell Inspirion).

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

It's probably hardware related.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• steveramirez
    steveramirez Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓

Thanksforthe reply.I entereda ticketrequestingservice.

• pa3fat
    pa3fat Member Posts: 2 New User

Same issue.

Returned the laptop, recieved a new one as it was within the 14 days period after purchase.

Unpacked the new laptop.

Started it up.

Same issue. Spacebar is only working when hitting it real hard.

So will return it again next weekend. And will repeat doing it until it works ok right out of the box.

High price, low quality seems to be key here.

• rkt88edmo
    rkt88edmo Member Posts: 1 New User

This is a complete QC issue and the fact that they still have it when people have been complaining since 2013, 2013! about this same issue on many models.

There is another thread where a user had success adding some electrical tape to the underside of the space bar where it contacts the switch.  I am going to try that.  My laptop from December 2014 with the issue is 

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-591G-74LK

Acer - THIS IS AN EASY FIX!  Shipping machines this way when you know there is an issue is unacceptable.

• julik
    julik Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem with spacebar in Aspire V15 Nitro. Could you explain, how to pull of the spacebar?