E5-571 Can't connect to wifi at all

Options
StefanM
StefanM Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I bought the Aspire E5-571 yesterday and i have been trying to connect to wifi with no luck what so ever. it runs windows 8.1 x64bit. i have updated the atheros network adapter to .285 provided on the acer drivers downloads section. but still no luck. wifi connections are shown but i cannot connect to them, i have bt infinity using the bt hub 4. i get as far as typing in the pass code for the router but then says it cannot connect. my other devices can connect (iPhone, laptop running win7). the only way for me to connect is to sit on my stairs using an ethernet cable. thank you for the help in advance. 

Best Answer

• StefanM
    Answer ✓
    Options

i have found a solution!! Smiley Very Happy

running all the updates and having nothing work, turned me to think about getting a new network adapter. it is so clear to see that the issue lies with the qualcomm atheros so after looking at youtube videos i thought it would be hard for everyone to open their laptops and replace the network card. so quite siimply, i am using a plug in usb adapter that you can get on amazon/ebay/or any store with a computing department, for an easy tenner. although this hasnt fixed the issue with the qualcomm atheros adapter, i am able to connect to wifi so i am very pleased. thank you for the response.

Answers

• StefanM
    Answer ✓
    Options

i have found a solution!! Smiley Very Happy

running all the updates and having nothing work, turned me to think about getting a new network adapter. it is so clear to see that the issue lies with the qualcomm atheros so after looking at youtube videos i thought it would be hard for everyone to open their laptops and replace the network card. so quite siimply, i am using a plug in usb adapter that you can get on amazon/ebay/or any store with a computing department, for an easy tenner. although this hasnt fixed the issue with the qualcomm atheros adapter, i am able to connect to wifi so i am very pleased. thank you for the response.

• Aakraos
    Aakraos Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, I'm glad you found a solution but I had a similar issue and just found a temporary, maybe not quite efficient solution, but that can come handy to people with this problem.

My Wi-Fi wasn't running after some restart, totally disappearing from the device manager and even from the options, tried really several solutions I read from other forums or videos, but none of them ever worked.

Then I tried to make a pressure on the zone right up above the Wi-Fi adapter (which is around the Alt, left end of Space Bar) from the moment the PC started until the windows loading screen appears.

Sometimes happens not to work, maybe it needs a different kind of pressure or spot, but from my experience most of times it works and the Wi-Fi has no problem, no disconnections until the PC is shut down or rebooted.

I hope this helped someone, I don't know if it can present long term problems related to, and surely a better fix is better and less annoying, but I'm using this method from 1 year and still working almost every time.

(I have an Acer Aspire E5-571-35ZG, running Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit))