Plastic cover on HDMI port?

sander9512
sander9512 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives

I am trying to hook up my new monitor to my Acer Predator G3620 Desktop via the HDMI port, however it seems there is a plastic cover covering the port.. Any way to fix this?

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

sander9512,

If the port is just covered by a plastic cover/cap, just remove and the port should be usable. However, if the port has tape over it, that means that port is not usable.

• Tosaf
    Tosaf Member Posts: 3 New User
    You should connect the monitor to the graphics card that's located lower on the back of the desktop ( there are few horizontal slots).
    Usually if your desktop has a dedicated graphics card, then the onboard graphics card is disabled via bios and that's why that hdmi connector is covered.
    Hope that helped.
  • Walshsean
    Walshsean Member Posts: 4 New User
    The port labelled HDMI is blocked the actual HDMI port is further on down the machine Below the fan beneath the audio ports Third from the left. This is really frustrating and annoying I’m starting to hate ACER are with their Monday to Friday helpline
  • Walshsean

I am trying to hook up my new monitor to my Acer Predator G3620 Desktop via the HDMI port, however it seems there is a plastic cover covering the port.. Any way to fix this?

The HDMI port is actually further down the machine below the audio ports , there is a row of ports, HDMI is 3rd from the left
  • Walshsean
    Tosaf said:
    You should connect the monitor to the graphics card that's located lower on the back of the desktop ( there are few horizontal slots).
    Usually if your desktop has a dedicated graphics card, then the onboard graphics card is disabled via bios and that's why that hdmi connector is covered.
    Hope that helped.
    I didn't understand this response but now I have figured it out, the HDMI port is just further down the back of the machine below the audio ports