Aspire R13 active pen battery life

Options
maximemoreillon
maximemoreillon Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Hello,

I bought an Aspire R13 two weeks ago and was happliy surprised to see it came with the Acer active pen.

The pen is working really fine except I already had to change its battery twice in the time I've had it. Is this normal?

Best regards,

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,055 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Maxime,

Look at this datasheet:

Battery: User-replaceable AAAA up to 18-month battery life

Warranty: One Year

I guess you to contact your Acer customer service. Your pen is under warranty.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,055 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Maxime,

Look at this datasheet:

Battery: User-replaceable AAAA up to 18-month battery life

Warranty: One Year

I guess you to contact your Acer customer service. Your pen is under warranty.

France
  • maximemoreillon

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you very much for your quick answer!

I will see how long the last battery I installed will last and if it runs out of charge in the same way as previously, I will do as you suggest.

• petehost
    petehost Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I'm not too sure about that... would continue to monitor what others say.... I've had my first pen replaced after the first pen died after 2 days upon purchase.  But I must commend for the support team's quick replacement - within one week, shipped from overseas.  However, I had to change battery twice in 3 days.  Have resorted to taking out my battery after each use.  Not sure if my plastic threads on my pen can last over a year with this daily removal.  The interface with the pen is hopeless for the OneNote and Alias Sketchbook pro.  But I was only encouraged after I used Bamboo Paper.... sigh

• maximemoreillon

Tinkerer

Options

After sending my R13 to get this issue fixed along with various other problems, I got the pen replaced by Acer's tech support.

Although the new pen still suffers from the wobbling issue mentionned in another forum thread, it performs much better than the previous one in terms of battery life: I did some voltage measurements on the battery and it should last for at least 5 months.

Time will tell if this is the case.

• claysh
    claysh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

If the pen is stored in a backpack "sleeve" which would hold the button down, would that cause the battery to drain?

My pen worked great the first day, second day after taking it out of my backpack it was dead.

On my way to buy another battery to see if its just a dead battery (hopefully the case) but short of removing the battery after every use as one user noted, is there a sleep mode or something?

Thanks

• KEHinWA
    KEHinWA Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Dell Active Stylus AO3 version Black and Silver works great.. very responsive