acer predator G3620 dual monitors issue

aleksi134
aleksi134 Member Posts: 3 New User

So iv gotten myself another monitor and iv got a problem like iv got my main monitor setup with a HDMI mini cable but there is no second HDMI mini or a normal HDMI and there is a VGA cable spot which is blocked... anyone have any ideas how i can connect my second monitor?

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Can you send me a private message with your serial number so I can tell the exact specifications of your system. Different models of the G3620 have different video output options.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓

Can you send me a private message with your serial number so I can tell the exact specifications of your system. Different models of the G3620 have different video output options.

• martinn
    martinn Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Acer Blayn

My son has the same issue with the same type of Acer pc.

There is a DVI input and a VGA input but that seems not to work...

Any ideas?

/ Martin

• Blayn-Acer

Martinn,

Are both of the ports you are connecting to on the same card? If a video card is installed in a desktop system, this generally disables the onboard video ports. This means if both inputs are not on the same card or board, one of them is most likely disabled (probably the VGA). The only way to re-enable an onboard port is by removing the video card, which will not resolve your issue. Is there another type of input you could connect to that is on the same card as the DVI? If you are not sure, please send me a PM with your serial number, so I can  see the specifications of your system.

Regards,

Acer-Blayn