Acer Iconia W700-6499 keyboard manual

Options
Bill-R
Bill-R Member Posts: 3 New User

My Acer Iconia W700-6499 came with an Acer leather covered toteable stand with a built in keyboard.  There was no paper or electronic manual that covered this accessory.  I could not find one on-line.  The problem is that I would like to know how to engage the power switch next to the battery lights on the keyboard.  There must be someway to turn it off or it just drains the internal battery when the tablet is in the stand and not connected to the plastic stand.  anyone had this problem?

Best Answer

• Bill-R
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found the "Acer Keyboard Case Addedum" document that came with my W700.  The Case has the Model # KT-1252 and there are quite a few entries in the 2013 Archived section of these Discussion Forums.  I do not see a way to attach the document but may be able to cut and paste if anyone is desperate.

Answers

• Bill-R
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found the "Acer Keyboard Case Addedum" document that came with my W700.  The Case has the Model # KT-1252 and there are quite a few entries in the 2013 Archived section of these Discussion Forums.  I do not see a way to attach the document but may be able to cut and paste if anyone is desperate.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,285 Trailblazer
    Options

I believe that the two LEDs can help you out there. One lights when the keyboard is charging or has USB power connected while fully charged and the other one lights when the keyboard is on an connected via bluetooth to the tablet. Press the power button when the second one is lit until the light goes out. That should power the keyboard down.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bill-R
    Options

The "Addendium" is well written and clearly explains the process.  See page 3 and 4.  Page 3 is below.  I could only attach one page with out getting an error.  Page 4 has a trouble shooting section that is also useful.  This document should have been included in Acer documentation for the tablet.