UNRESPONSIVE TOUCHPAD

My laptop is an Acer V=3 731 Model and uses Windows 8. My problem is the Touchpad is not responsive. Am therefore forced to use the external mouse. Kindly help resolve the problem. I prefer using the touchpad.

FAQ & Answers

• philetusphiletus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Go to http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and find your model.There are different choices of Operating Systems.

Choose the one that fits your laptop. Download the touchpad driver  and go to Device Manager/

Mice and other Pointing Devices. Double click on the PS/2 Trackpad and thwareen Driver. Uninstall and click bow to delete soft. Reboot and let windows install default driver. Try the trackpad and if good, leave it at that.If not install your downloaded driver.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online588

Acer-Andrey
Acer-Andrey
Acer-Carsten
Acer-Carsten
Acer-Erick
Acer-Erick
Alfred83
Alfred83
AngelPerez
AngelPerez
Balticum
Balticum
Carringguns
Carringguns
Cyriix
Cyriix
Daledantis
Daledantis
Ebby
Ebby
Guy77
Guy77
hanks2000
hanks2000
Hoseu
Hoseu
Kev0806
Kev0806
MasoudOMD
MasoudOMD
MaxCapie
MaxCapie
PaulK
PaulK
Vanity
Vanity
Zeiler
Zeiler
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
+568 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1311

Total Points:4252

Total Accepted Answers: 164

Leostat Mainframe Wrangler