Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Windows 8.1 Product Key

noziscomnoziscom Posts: 3Member

Hi, I have Aspire V5-561G. I recover my windows with recovery partition. now windows is not activated and needs product key for activation. what can i do now? please help me. Thanks

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 17,924ACE Trailblazer

normally you don't need any key to re-activate your deafult OS, try to click on activate and check if it connects to the internet and activate automatically.

I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • noziscomnoziscom Posts: 3Member

Thanks for your attention, I try this but this error: This Product Key doesnt work. You need to get in touch with the store or company you bought windows from.

Accepted Answer

please check your BIOS version and try to update, link to version 2.17:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.17_A_A.zip?acerid=635472372552472352&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V5-561G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6#_ga=1.205285712.1168577414.1418400847

re-apply the recovery, boot pressing ALT+F10 and reinstall the OS.

if you still have this issue, please contact your Acer support service.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kno63Kno63 Posts: 4,666ACE Pathfinder

Hello,

I would recommend you, to try to activate windows by phone:

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/24636-activate-windows-8-phone.html

regards

Kno63

"...there's more to the picture than meets the eye...."
    Ich bin kein Acer Mitarbeiter!  :-)
  • noziscomnoziscom Posts: 3Member
    I tried all you said but unfortunately I still have this issue i thinks i should contact Acer support service. Thanks a lot.

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• leosalemaleosalema Posts: 5Member

I have the laptop Acer Aspire V17 nitro black edition - VN7-791G-76MH, it came with win 8.1 single language, i recently upgraded to win 10, and im having problems with windows 10, i want go back, to 8.1. but i cant reset the laptop, and i cant refresh, i downloade the media creation tool from microsoft. but i dont have the key to reinstall the 8.1. can you help me please.

• Key will be read from BIOS during installation automatically.
  • leosalemaleosalema Posts: 5Member

no. that didnt work. i tried a reinstal of the the win 10. i downloaded a tool that made the job. now its working and didnt ask me product key. it just made a clean install of win 10.

• Now do three things:

- use a third party tool such as from NirSoft to retrieve and save all keys

- use a 16GB or larger flash drive to create a recovery disck

- use a NTFS external backup drive at least as large as your C: drive to create a system image.

and store in a safe, cool, & dry place.

• es1-521-40l7es1-521-40l7 Posts: 1Member

ACER ASPIRE ES 15

ES-521-40L7

I WANT MY LAPTOP PRODUCT KEY PASSWORD PLEASE HELP ME

• PRATIMAPRATIMA Posts: 1Member New User
    I HAVE BROUGHT ACER  Z5WAL E5-511 WITH WINDOW 8.1.NOW IT IS ASKING FOR PRODUCT KEY.
    CAN YOU HELP ME WHERE I CAN GET IT OR HOW I CAN ACTIVATE IT.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 9,506ACE Trailblazer
    PRATIMA said:
    I HAVE BROUGHT ACER  Z5WAL E5-511 WITH WINDOW 8.1.NOW IT IS ASKING FOR PRODUCT KEY.
    CAN YOU HELP ME WHERE I CAN GET IT OR HOW I CAN ACTIVATE IT.

Hi,
    Product key is embedded in BIOS, you can use a third party tool to find it or just give Acer Service centre in your region a call, you could also try activating by phone.
    Get the tool information and tutorial from this link:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/149323/my-windows-8-product-key
    To activate by phone:https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/15083/windows-how-to-activate
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • Abhi0306Abhi0306 Posts: 3Member New User
    How can get my windos 8 prodect ket  
    Acer aspire v3-571
    sr.no.nxrzgem0117239057353400
  • JackEJackE Posts: 9,758ACE Trailblazer
    @Abhi0306   Open the command prompt. Enter "wmic os get serialnumber" without the quotes. The output is the key. Jack E/NJ
  • Abhi0306Abhi0306 Posts: 3Member New User
    Sir my hardisk is new  old hard disk is dead  
    @Abhi0306   If you have Win8.x or Win10 installation media, it should be automatically activated since the Win8 key is embedded on the mainboard, not the old HDD. Jack E/NJ
  • NOAH8209NOAH8209 Posts: 1Member New User
    I hAVE ACER ASPIRE AT HOME IN THE BEGINING IT IS GOOD AFTER A MONTH It asking activation key if it nessary to prochase online

@NOAH8209 Open the command prompt. Enter "wmic os get serialnumber" without the quotes. The output should be the activation key. If this activation key fails, then a licensed version of Windows was probably not installed.  Jack E/NJ