Aspire Switch 10 - Bluetooth connectivity problem. Bluetooth pairs with phone but then disconnect

FrankP
FrankP Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I just purchased a new Aspire Switch 10 (SW5-011-18R3)and I am having problems with the bluetooth. The issue is that after I pair my phone to the laptop, the bluetooth connection stays alive less than a minute and disconects by itself. I have tried many times and always the same issue. I tried also pairing with another tablet and same problem.The systems pairs with the unit, connection is confirmed on both items and then it drops about 15 seconds later

I had already done all upgrades required by the system as soon as I received the laptop, and I also checked to make sure that the bluetooth driver was the latest one available( using the window automatic check). I also did a system refresh and same problem still. 

Acer support suggested that I do a system recovery but I'm really not convince this will solve the problem since I noticed that on the "PC and Devices" panel, Bluetooth section, my phone is still listed with a "Not connected", but if I turn off the bluetooth and then turn it on, then for about 1/2 a second the message "Driver error" appears before "Not connected" shows up again. So this seams to be a driver issue but no new drivers available that I am aware of.

I need help with this before I give the laptop to my daughter for Christmas- If I can't solve, I will need to return the unit.

PS. I have verified and my phone Galxy S4, SGH-I337, bluetooth profile is A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, GOEP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, OBEX, OPP, PAN, PBAP, SPP. So the idea of compatibility is not valid.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues on the new windows tablet

I suggest you to check the BIOS version if it is V1.06.To check the BIOS version, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

Enter run in the search box, tap or click Apps, and then tap or click Run.

Type msinfo32 and hit the Enter key.

In the System Information window, click System Summary and locate your current BIOS Version/Date to the right.

If the BIOS version is not V1.06, here's the weblink to update it  BIOS version V1.06

You may also dwnload and instal the master installer which has all the device driver  Master installer

Download and open the folder and run the setup application file.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!

• FrankP

Thanks,

I thought you might be on to something there. I did check the BIOS and the version is in fact V 1.03, dated 4/25/2014.

Now for the twist, as it happens, at the same time I was reading your answer, the tablet did an automatic upgrade and the BIOS V1.06 was listed in the upgrades, it took a few times for the download to work but It finally did the upgrade, but the problem is still the same as before. It pairs and then disconnect.

Any other suggestion?

• FrankP

Thanks,

I thought you might be on to something there. I did check the BIOS and the version is in fact V 1.03, dated 4/25/2014.

Now for the twist, as it happens, at the same time I was reading your answer, the tablet did an automatic upgrade and the BIOS V1.06 was listed in the upgrades, it took a few times for the download to work but It finally did the upgrade, but the problem is still the same as before. It pairs and then disconnect.

Any other suggestion?