Can't update A1-830

Options
jrmpinto
jrmpinto Member Posts: 2 New User

So i'm trying to update my A1-830 with 4.2.2, but when i check for an update android shows me a message of network error with the code error 0001:503.

Any solutions? thanks

Answers

• cuckooshoe
    cuckooshoe Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I am getting the same message. I have an A1-810 which was updated earlier in the year to 4.4.2.

I'm hoping this means there willl be an update to 4.4.4 in readiness for 5.0

• robven1979
    robven1979 Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

my error message for my wife's A1-810 is status code 400.

my a1-810 is upto date, my wifes A1-810 wont get past 4.2.2, any ideas anyone?ive posted at least once before, and have had no success.

• cuckooshoe
    Options

In 'System Update' is the box checked to enable search for automatic updates?

Also, I notice there are differerent versions of OS for the A1-810 on the Acer website

My version is the same as the one at the top of the list.

Is your version the same as your wife's?

• robven1979
    Options

It is ticked, my version is 4.4.2. Every time I go into updates, the message comes up that it can't update.The website is unhelpful, along with Acer!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you tried updating directly from the Acer support site instead of through automatic updates? Look at the version that's surrently running to make sure you match locales first.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • robven1979
    Options

I don't know where to find that, all I can find is USB 2.0 update. A sstep by step guide would be appreciated....

• cuckooshoe
    Options

You need to click on the tab on the far right that says 'OS'

It is better if you hold the tablet in 'landscape' as you will then see 'download'.

It is a zip download so you will need to download an app that can open zip files.

I'm not an expert on those files so hopefully someone else can advise you.

• robven1979
    Options
    That's the best reply yet, but their is seven to choose from, all dated the same day,the description is not giving much away... Please help?
    3 gen1 files, emea_fr,cus1,pa_ca, twn_upc,.... Clues...
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Check your build version on your tablet:

settings/about phone/build version

then check the one matching your build version on description or file name

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • cuckooshoe
    Options
    The OS version I have, is the first one on the list. I am based in the UK

Tap APPS > Settings > About tablet to check the OS version (Kernel/build number) and other hardware and software information.