acer aspire ax3400 install windows problems - doing my head in

Options
mackenzie121
mackenzie121 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

PLEASE HELP!!!

I am at the end of my tether with this pc. I have formatted the pc to reinstall windwos,because i had a virus and the pc was freezing and slowing down etc so thought i would start again.

I just can not get windows to install, always errors out when installing,pops up dueing installation with windows errors, like 0xc00000e9 or windows vannot copy files required for installation etc.

I deleted the partition with the recovery section on and dont have the disk, this usually isnt a problem as windows usually installs no problem on all other pcs i have done.

I have tried everything i can think off, different harddrive,different ram, booted from usb,unplugged dvd rom. everything.

On the odd occasion i have managed to get windows installed,its like the same problem, windows freezes when i click on things, nothing happens, then after about 3 monutes things  come to life then freezes again,then it would reset.

Also when windows gets past the installation and says checking video performance it hangs there,the bsod pops up and restarts.

Also it boot up sometimes saying no hdd or dvd found.usually unplug mains and reboot,that fixes that. I dont know it its hdd,memory,cpu,psu. i have no clue.

Just cant think off anything else. Im using orginal windows 32bit windows 7 home .

Any help would be repreciated,this will the first pc in my life time that im going to give up as i cant say what the problem is.

thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you checked on BIOS (press F2 at boot) if AHCI is enabled?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mackenzie121
    Options

yes checked that, its all correct

• IronFly
    Options
    BIOS is the latest available?

Check again sata cables and try different sata ports for HDD.
    Try to install with only one ram stick.

If still fails to install, can be a motherboard issue.
  • mackenzie121
    Options

yes its the latest bios and have already tried different sata ports and cable.. Surely if its the mobo it wouldnt work at all would it? what about the psu or cpu? 

everything boots up and runs ,no errors or beeping. saying that though sometimes it says in the post screen achpi port 0 or 1 or 2 error, its random . press f1 to resume

• IronFly
    Options
    That error means one of this things.
    Faulty HDD
    Faulty cable
    Faulty MB

You already tried different HDD, cables and ports.
    So, i would try a CMOS reset and to load defaults on BIOS.

Can be a bad PSU too but normally the issue arise when under heavy stress like playing games.
  • mackenzie121
    Options

ok just going to try a brand new hdd no errors on it, fingers crossed, because im out of ideas now. never been defeated in a pc yet, looks like this could be the first lol. just wish i knew i could right thats the problem.

so if this hdd doesnt work. what would you say it is? mobo? 

this pc doesnt get used for games, just general internet use. i have cleaned it all out,its a friends . was covered in dust and smoke etc. clean as a  whistle now

• IronFly
    Options
    Poor pc!
    In my opinion can be the MB, maybe a capacitor leaking internally or resistor overheating, since the issue was random.

If with the new HDD is working, that's a good thing.
  • mackenzie121
    Options

ok just tried a new hdd,booting from cd and usb, same problems. wont install. comes up with all sorts of errors,then when i reboot the dvd rom is not showing in the bios.

Tells me i think its something to do with mobo? what do u think?

• IronFly
    Options
    Have you tried the CMOS reset and load default on BIOS?
  • mackenzie121
    Options

yes done all that,

• IronFly
    Options

Requiem for a mobo. Smiley Happy