Very slow Acer C720P

WAV
WAV Member Posts: 2 New User

For 10 days, my band new Acer C720P has run perfectly.  I am amazed at the speed at which this surfs the Web, I have never experienced this with any computer.  Now the 720 has slowed to a crawl.  By comparison and in the same location, my iPad works perfectly.  My Internet connection is five bars, so this is not the problem.  I downloaded a few apps from the Chrome web store, otherwise the 720 has no other modifications.  Does anyone know what my cause this unacceptable slowdown in speed when surfing the Web?  I don't want to return something that might not be broken.  Thanks!

Answers

• WAV
    WAV Member Posts: 2 New User
    In reviewing the posts on this forum, I found that the wifi cards in some Acer notebooks don't hold the signal as well as others. The speed of the C720P apparently is a function of the signal strength from the wifi card. My C720P slows down when the signal falls to 2 bars or less. My iPad Air has two antennas which may account for no degradation in performance when compared side by side with the C720P. There is another post that speaks to a setting in some of the Cisco routers that can be changed that improves the performance speed of the C720. I think my problem is solved. Thank goodness for the Acer forums.