Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer V5-573G Synaptics multi-touch gestures not configurable/working

hello,

i'm having problems with my new acer v5 touchpad... i made a clean install of windows 8.1 and installed all the win 8.1 drivers from the acer support site. from the device id of my touchpad (ACPI\SYN1B71) i assumed that it is a synaptics model.

the problem now: after installing several versions of the driver, even trying the alps and elantech versions, i could never manage to get multi-gesture settings in the settings windows from synaptics - there are only settings visible for right- and left-click. where are the multi-touch gesture options for windows 8?

basic funtions work, like left click, two-finger right click and two-finger scrolling, but nothing is configurable and all the other gestures are not available.

i hope for some help on this issue as i'm running out of ideas what to try...

cheers,

Best Answer

• Wuschel93Wuschel93 Posts: 6
    Accepted Answer

Solved the problem myself... My touchpad seems to be one from ALPS, although the device ID shown by Windows suggests otherweise. I extracted the drivers located on my recovery partition which I kept on the HDD and they work like a charme, quite awesome how reliable the touchpad is now! Thanks for the help anyway Smiley Happy

FAQ & Answers

• May not work, but this site calls for this driver for ACPI\SYN1B71.

http://www.driversguru.com/hardwareid-ACPI---SYN1B71

• Wuschel93Wuschel93 Posts: 6Member

Thanks, but I already tried that one. Installation worked properly, but again, only left- and right-click options, rest missing... Smiley Frustrated

17.0.6.17 config panel

Sry, I'm using German language... Smiley Tongue

• Wuschel93Wuschel93 Posts: 6Member
    Accepted Answer

Solved the problem myself... My touchpad seems to be one from ALPS, although the device ID shown by Windows suggests otherweise. I extracted the drivers located on my recovery partition which I kept on the HDD and they work like a charme, quite awesome how reliable the touchpad is now! Thanks for the help anyway Smiley Happy