The group policy client service failed the sign in access denied

Skots
Skots Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
In order to get to anything on my computer I must first enter a password. When I enter my password, I get the message "the Group Policy Client Service failed the sign in, access denied. I am unable to do anything until I can sign in. How do I fix this and prevent it from happening again?!

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

You can try performing a System Restore from Windows Recovery Environment (if you have not done this already). To do this, you can follow the steps below:
    1. Insert your Windows disc and then, restart the computer.
    2. Press any key when you receive the message "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD"
    3. Set your preferences for Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method. Click "Next".
    4. Click "Repair your computer" and select the operating system you want to repair. Click "Next".
    5. Click "System Restore" and click "Next". Click a suitable restore point and click "Next".
    6. Confirm the disk you wish to restore and click "Next".
    7. Click "Finish" and then, click "Yes".
    8. After the process is complete, click "Restart" to restart your computer.
    9. Once the computer restarts, click "Close" to confirm that the System Restore was successful.

Now, see if you are able to sign-in. The following link can be helpful:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/the-group-policy-client-service-failed-the-logon/6b069a74-8524-442c-8ff1-d723e2a4e992

• Skots
    Skots Member Posts: 2 New User
    My desktop came with Windows 8 already installed and there was no disc.
  • GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, it is recommended to contact Acer technical support for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be useful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact