Acer Aspire S7-392 pointer disappears after waking from sleep/ hibernate

mrnobody
mrnobody Member Posts: 5 New User

One of the glitches with my Acer Aspire S7-392 is that I will often open my lid to begin working on something (90% of what I do is in Chrome), and the pointer is missing. If I play with the track pad, I can find it register in the taskbar and the min/max/close section in the upper right hand corner, but none of those items are selectable/clickable. I just see them highlight when the invisible cursor is theoretically in those areas. The rest of the page doesn't give any indication that pointer activity is even happening. 

I believe this problem is isolated only to Chrome, but I can't be certain because I usually only have Chrome open when the problem occurs, so I can't switch over to another program to see if the pointer is gone. 

Closing Chrome in task manager (accessed by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del) and then restarting it, fixes the problem. I guess this means that the pointer does work when inside the Ctrl+Alt+Del environment, but it doesn't work while in Chrome until I completely close Chrome and re-open it. 

Any fixes for this? I'm using Chrome 64.

Answers

• serenitymae
    serenitymae Member Posts: 10 New User

Have you tried to go into Chrome's settings and turn off "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed?" It's under advanced settings. Maybe this will solve your problem. If not, you can try using a different browser.