Problem with touch screen on SWITCH 10

Petrolium
Petrolium Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello,

today I've got some strainge problem - my SWITCH 10 now don't react on my touch. Keyboard wirk fine, but when I touch a screen - nothing happends. Reload - nothing happened. May be I disable it somehow?

Hope for your help

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You may open device manger and expand "Human interface devices" and unistall the USB input devices and restore it using Action> scan for hardware changes tab in device manager
    Press and hold the Window logo key and tap X on your keyboard to open device manager.

This could also happen when windows updates were installed on tablet, you may try system restore to previous date to check the issue

Click the Kudos to say "Thanks" for helping!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You may open device manger and expand "Human interface devices" and unistall the USB input devices and restore it using Action> scan for hardware changes tab in device manager
    Press and hold the Window logo key and tap X on your keyboard to open device manager.

This could also happen when windows updates were installed on tablet, you may try system restore to previous date to check the issue

Click the Kudos to say "Thanks" for helping!

• Kaorun
    Kaorun Member Posts: 3 New User

This caused my mouse to disappear and now the computer is completely useless.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer

You can always use an OTG cable to plug a mouse in. That will get you control until you have the right drivers for the touchscreen installed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I just use a cheap hub & USB keyboard and mouse, touch screams are for when away.

Of course I still have my first Columbia VP from the last century & been collecting "stuff" ever since (large box full of wall warts in ziploc bags with a label for voltage and polarity).

For travel I generally us my aunchient Aspire One 532h with 2GB Ram & Win 10 (was one of the easier upgrades) but the Switch 12 may replace if I can find a good bag (Aspire fits in the pouch of an NCR bag leaving the body for "stuff". 12 won't fit.).

That said if you can afford a $250 Switch 10, you can afford $25 for a hub, keyboard, and mouse. The best home use is with a docking station, two big 1920 monitors (can use one for a TV), and a wired 85MB/s pipe.

• Hulkbuster
    Hulkbuster Member Posts: 2 New User
    On this....my s1002 has stopped working on the touchscreen mode completely. the I2c HID device has an exclamation mark. I tried disabling - enabling  and  reinstalling through the device manager, however all in vain. The exclamation mark is still present and i am unable to use the touchscreen.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    When you uninstalled did you check the box to remove the files? Sometimes that's the only easy way to clear corrupted drivers. If that didn't work you can go the SFC and DISM route to get them cleaned up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.