I HAVE A ASPIRE E15. WHAT PROGRAMS AND APPS CAN I SAFELY DELETE?

pcfa1
pcfa1 Member Posts: 30 New User

i have a new acer aspire e15 laptop. and i would like to know what apps and proframs is safe to delete? i like o keep my drive as empty as i can nd most of he apps etc i will never use same as he programs. please help thank you.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi..

You may uninstall most of the application that is not related with the hardware function on your computer.
    You will have the option to restore these application from Acer recovery management.

Use the following steps to reinstall a application on your computer:
    Press the Windows (Image: icon_Windows8_key.png) key to open the Start screen. Type Recovery in the search box.
    Click Acer Recovery Management in the search results.
    NOTE If asked to allow the program to make changes, click Yes.
    Click Reinstall Drivers or Applications.
    On the Contents tab, locate the application you wish to install and click the Install icon.

• pcfa1

it is hard to tell what is safe to delete. how can i tell what is safe and not safe?

• Sharanji

You may check by uninstalling the application one by one sice you have the option to restore it from Acer recovery manager. If you come across Apps like Realtek, Atheros you do not need to delete it.

Click the Kudos to say "Thanks" for helping!

• Hi,

Do not delete any thing from Microsoft, Intel. Realtek, Qualcom. MOST IMPORTANTLY DO NOT DELETE ACER RECOVERY MANAGER.
  • pcfa1

thank you. what about acer media, ab doc, ab photo, accu weather, ever note touch, kindle mobile llc, stumble upon, then i have 19 apps " not windows" i never ue them nd if i no use them why keep them ?

• Sharanji

The acer media, ab doc, ab photo are Acer cloud storage applications, kindle is ereader application.

If you wish to online  cloud storage, you mau uninstall these apps, if you wants to restore it in feature you may download and install from this weblink Acer cloud 

In this same way you also remove all other apps that you do not use.

You may also create a USB recovery media by using Acer recovery management.

This can be use to reload the operating system, drivers and apps shipped with your computer.

Click the Kudos to say "Thanks" for helping!