Acer 7535-5020 will not boot/black screen

Options
AuntWaWa
AuntWaWa Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello all!
I have an Acer 7535-5020 that will not boot up.  A few times prior to this happening it said that Windows was not shut down properly - this was right after a batch of Windows updates was installed.
Now, it will not start at all. I have tried pressing every F button in hopes of it catching the Bios - we had noticed a few times that it was not set to start from the hard drive and changed it but for some reason it was not holding the changes, we think.
I have googled and found that many Acer's (different models) seem to run into this problem and for many, it seems that something called flashing the Bios takes care of the issue.
I would be willing to try it BUT I need a very clear and easy, step by step guide so that I don't mess it up.
I would like to know which Aspire 7535 model BIOS I need to use as well.  I think there are 2 different models listed.
If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, this laptop came with Windows 7 - 64 bit installed and has not been upgraded to anything else, if that helps.
Thanks!!!!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If I wait until I see "hit F2 for Bios, I miss it. When you push the power button, start rapidly tapping the F2 key until it enters Bios. Check your settings. If you change anything you have to move to exit and tap once to start the exit and once to save your settings.

• AuntWaWa
    Options

i shall try the rapidly tapping, If was told to hold it down and then power on the laptop.  Will let you know what happens.
    Going to unplug all, hold power button down and release as I've seen others indicated to do (though I have tried this and it didnt' work) but I figure, might as well cover all the bases while we go.

• AuntWaWa
    Options

nope, still nothing.. just a lovely black screen.
    next idea?  Please????

• AuntWaWa
    Options

Well, since it seems like nobody has any further suggestions, I am going to assume this laptop is trash.
    Actually, from the number of things I have found googling in regards to Acer laptops doing similar things, I'm thinking their whole product line might be trash?
    One thing for sure, I doubt I will buy an Acer product again.
    I don't have the time or the patience to put up with non-working products.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

From your comments I'm thinking the laptop won't boot into anything. You had no luck with F2 to get into Bios?

Try: When you see the Acer company logo appear on the laptop LCD screen, press the left "Alt" and "F10" keys at the same time. After a few seconds, a Windows boot screen appears. Press the "Enter" key.

You have to be fast and press the keys the split second you see the Acer.

Also try tapping F8 as soon as you push the power switch.