Acer Aspire 5920g – What is the expected battery life of old laptops?

Options
andy1357
andy1357 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi Folks,

I just sold an Acer Aspire 5920g. I think it was manufactured in about 2008, but I'm not sure as I got it off someone else in 2011. The buyer complaned that the battery only lasts for 45 minutes.. is that bad for a computer of this life? I only used it a couple of times.. would the battery have decayed over time even while I wasn't using it?

Thanks for any advice!

Andrew

Computer description:

Manufacturers description: The Acer Aspire 5920 with the Acer Gemstone chassis is an advanced home entertainment system equipped with Intel Centrino Duo processor technology, dedicated NVIDIA graphics, HD DVD-ROM drive and Acer CrystalBrite Technology. This 15.4" high-defintion performer is adorned with the new Gemstone notebook design and flaunts a wealth of superior multimedia features like NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics, HDMI connectivity, HD DVD, Dolby-certified surround sound and Acer Video Conference. Backed by the latest Intel Centrino Duo mobile platform with ample dual-core processing power, the Aspire 5920G easily handles today's most cutting-edge games, entertainment and creative applications.

Best Answer

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

andy1357,

The age of the computer and the fact that it has been sitting can be a huge factor in the reason the battery is only lasting 45 minutes.

If the battery sits for a long and is not charged, then it can cause the battery life to diminish as the voltage of the battery has dropped below a certain level and ruins the battery.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

andy1357,

The age of the computer and the fact that it has been sitting can be a huge factor in the reason the battery is only lasting 45 minutes.

If the battery sits for a long and is not charged, then it can cause the battery life to diminish as the voltage of the battery has dropped below a certain level and ruins the battery.