Acer Iconia one 7 stuck in recovery mode. Help!

Options
huntressdi
huntressdi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi

I've managed to get my tablet into recovery mode to do a hard reset. But now its stuck in recovery mode. It won't allow me to select and it won't allow to do the hard reset. I won't even let me turn off the tab. HELP!! what do I do?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

please try to do a long press on Power button + Volume down (10-20 seconds)

if nothing happens.....there's any reset hole?

if not, the only solution is to wait a complete battery discharge and then recharge it.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

on recovery do you see the various options?

or you have just the dead android screen?

• huntressdi
    Options
    I can see the options but when I use the volume key, it won't move and the power button doesn't work either
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

if not, the only solution is to wait a complete battery discharge and then recharge it.

• huntressdi
    Options

Ok so this particular one doesn't have a reset hole. Crazy right?

I came to same conclusion as you i.e. just let the battery die and then charge it and reboot and see what happens.

However I decided to try your solution just now(10 pm, I tried it earlier this evening to no avail) and it finally moved to the third option and then I tried it one more time and it moved to the last option - demo mode.  When I tried using the Power button + Volume + button to cause it to go back up the Options list. It actually went into to Demo Mode.  So then I did a reset from within the Settings and it seems to be worry kinda ok. The thing is now is that the power button seems to be having an issue.

When I press the power button to go into standby mode, it doesn't work. the tab goes into standby mode after 1 min of inactivity.  And pushing the power doesn't bring it out of standby mode either...smh

Thank you anyway for your assistance.

• IronFly
    Options
    You welcome. Smiley Happy
    Reading your description, it looks that your power button is not working properly.
  • lauriefergusson
    lauriefergusson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thankyou so much. I was worried i would have to go and purchase another tablet. Which i cannot afford right now. The tax man came knocking and money is going to be a little tight. Just want to put out the KUDOs it was the right solution to my problem. Made me very happy to see a good resolution

Laurie Fergusson

• KaidenTRM
    KaidenTRM Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

if not, the only solution is to wait a complete battery discharge and then recharge it..

The First one help me

ornigal post http://community.acer.com/t5/Android-Tablets/Acer-Iconia-one-7-stuck-in-recovery-mode-Help/td-p/315046