Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

250Gb drive not recognised

jb2012jb2012 Posts: 3Member

Hi I have an Acer T135 -S870 and would like to install a 250 Gb SATA drive but it is not recognised in the Bios or through Linux Mint that is installed at present on my 80Gb drive in the T135-S870

Could you help me please in solving this problem.

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 17,890ACE Trailblazer
    Have you tried to connect only the new hdd with the same cable of the old HDD?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jb2012jb2012 Posts: 3Member

IronFly wrote:
    Have you tried to connect only the newhdd with the same cable of the oldHDD?

Yes that was the first thing I tried. I know the drive is OK because I removed it from another Acer PC I have (the one I am using to reply to you) I installed a SSD drive into this one which has Windows 7 Home Premium on.

I think I will try and put the 250Gb back into the Windows 7 PC just to see if it is recognised.

Edit:15:00pm 9/11/2014

Disk is recognised on other PC with windows but not on the PC with Linux Mint!!!