I need Windows XP USB driver for A1-830

Options
NYC-A1-830
NYC-A1-830 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I bought a refurbished Acer Iconia A1-830 with which I am very happy.

Got it in September 2014 but since it is a refurb I am told warrantee does not cover help from Acer company.

My problem is I am running Windows XP on my desktop and want a USB driver to connect to my Acer Iconia A1-830.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers only shows

USBAcerUSB driver for Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 (32/64-bit)18.5 MB2014/07/17

Where can I get driver for Windows XP?

I realize that another option would be to install an FTP server on the Acer Iconia A1-830, but would really prefer USB.

Thanks

Best Answer

• NYC-A1-830
    Answer ✓
    Options

Today I connected tablet to Windows XP and I was able to do transfers from tablet to computer using default Windows XP.

Apparently the problem I originally had was a mouse or mouse driver which I got rid of; which had also caused problems with cell phone USB connection.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

I think you can manually install to XP the .inf files from the main folder.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • laurent_14
    Options

The USB driver for Windows XP is "USB Mass Storage Device - 5.1.2600.0". You'll find here.

France
  • NYC-A1-830
    Options

This sent me to CNET's download.com, which sent to to Microsft, which sent me back to CNET's download.com, which sent BACK to Microsft

• NYC-A1-830
    Answer ✓
    Options

Today I connected tablet to Windows XP and I was able to do transfers from tablet to computer using default Windows XP.

Apparently the problem I originally had was a mouse or mouse driver which I got rid of; which had also caused problems with cell phone USB connection.

• hazyl
    hazyl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It does not work for me. WinXP is oblivious to the tablet and asks for a driver. Of course, the Acer supplied one only works for Win7 and above. What did you do differently?

• MarioVillalobos
    MarioVillalobos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

try this: Download Acer USB Drivers
    http://androidxda.com/download-acer-usb-drivers

• rajnifan
    rajnifan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Apparently the problem I originally had was a mouse or mouse driver which I got rid of; which had also caused problems with cell phone USB connection. sims 3 Apk