Iconia A500 - Can't connect to Wi-Fi

Options
Squire71
Squire71 Member Posts: 3 New User

Last week my Acer Iconia A500 was able to connect to Wi-Fi (no problems connecting since new about 3 yrs ago). Over the last week have not been able connect to WiFi.

I have reset it several times, forgotten the network then tried to connect, I have also reset the router.  When I try to connect I get a message that network is saved, but won't connect.

Please help,

Thanks in advance

Bob

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

That is a weird one... Have you tried to connect with a different network? How about to your network, but with security turned off? I'm thinking it's more likely software than hardware with those symptoms.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Squire71
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and tips.

Have tried connecting to our network with security turned off to no avail.

Also, have tried to connect to 2 different networks and also to mobile tethering to our smart phones - again without success.

Any other ideas out there.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

• billsey
    Options

OK, let's try to reset the drivers. Back your data up and do a reset, you'll have to reinstall your apps and such but it should get you to a clean set of drivers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Squire71
    Options

Thanks. Tried all this wothout success.

No thinking it may be a hardware problem.

• billsey
    Options

I have an app for mine called 'Wifi Analyzer' that can be used to peek at the networks around you. Try it out and let me know what kind of singal strength you are seeing with your network, and if there are conflicting networks on your channel.

• VegasVato
    VegasVato Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

where it ask for the password I entered the encryption pass key phase instead and that worked fine for me...