i have a emachine e627 laptop it wont turn on please help

Options
gordo2154
gordo2154 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

hi i have a emachine e627 laptop i whent to turn it on one morning the light came on fan spins and then i hear a click {sometimes no click} then it shuts off within like 5 seconds or less any idea i cant afford another laptop as i am disabled and live on a fixed income please help me

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Maybe you have a Static Charge Buildup. Remove the Power Cord, Remove theBattery, then Press and Hold the power button for 30seconds. After 30 seconds plug the power cord back in (leave the batteryout) and hit the power button to see if it boots. If it does, you can putthe battery back in and let it charge.

Could be a dead battery and bad power supply. Try another one.

Is the DC jack where the power plugs in loose and wobbly?

Maybe your DC Power Jack which is where the power cord plugsinto the computer is bad. Take an ink pen and push the tip inside thejack and see if the little pin wiggles, if so the jack is bad. You'll have totake the laptop apart to fix it. Most times it is soldered onto themotherboard, so you will have to desolder the old and solder a new one.Maybe your memory is bad or the memory slot is bad.Remove the Power Cord, Open the Case and remove one of thememory chips. Set the chip aside then try rebooting the computer. If it boots, then you know the memory chip you set aside is bad so mark an x onit with an ink pen. If it fails to boot then move the chip to the nextmemory slot and try rebooting. If it fails take the chip out and set itaside, then put the other chip in and try booting it in both slots. If itboots, just to verify that the chip set aside is bad, mark an x on it and putit into the open memory chip slot and try booting.

Or the motherboard could be bad.

• gordo2154
    Options

hi thanks for the reply i tried all of the above and still wont boot up, i have read a few things online i read somewhere that it could be my cmos battery, but since i am no expert i have no idea just trying to save my self from having to buy a new computer ,i had a dell that did the same thing about a year ago i guess that what i get for buying used ,no if i buy a motherbourd will i be able to just put that in and be done or will i have to soulder a bunch of thing on the new mother bourd?  again thanks for trying to help me

• philetus
    Options

You should be able to swap out the M/B without needing to solder anything.

• gordo2154
    Options

thanks so much for the help

• gordo2154
    Options

hi again i dont know what happen but the dang computer cam on lastnight for my wife. so let me back up a lottle here when i was last on mt laptop and whent to shut it down it was installing updates i whent on to bed when i got uo the next moring it woldnt turn on just keept turning it self off .i tried everthing i read and even tried it again when you  answered my post but lastnight i took the hrddrive out and installed it in my old desk top but it wouldnt boot , just kept saying windows loading files then back to emachine logo over and over so i put it back in my laptop ,and nothing still did the cuting off after 3 to 5 seconds so my wife said let me see it she tried it a couple off times and still cut off ,she tried it again and it came on she let it update and restarted it over and over ,now i havebt tried to turn it on yet since i have to go to the doctor today but will try it when i return , hopfully it will work ,now i am really puzzeld , just thought i would let you know what happend ,i will let you know if it turns on today after i get home tonight , if you have another idea as to what might be going on i would love to hear it and thanks again for the help big thumbs up to you  THANK YOU for all the help

• keith111
    keith111 Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter
    Options

If able to function, go to Windows Update (in Program or Control Panel or Action Center) and check to see if there are any important updates unresolved, and Check for Updates. Change the schedule time options for updates to suit in Change Settings.

• gordo2154
    Options

just a update the computer came on like i said for my wife once it was on we checked for updates and installed and it worked great for a week now wont turn on again i think it may be in the power button not sure ,does that sound like a power preoblem? thanks again for the help

• philetus
    Options

It sounds like it's not getting power to the right place sometimes. You may have a regulator or switch problem.

• gordo2154
    Options

thanks for all the help i guess its to the shop or might just get another mobo. thanks again your the best