Aspire E5-551G-T0JN Dual Graphics or Crossfire capable ?

Options
angelkom
angelkom Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi I want to Buy Aspire E5-551G-T0JN but I want to know if this laptop is Dual Graphics or Crossfire capable, so if I can use the R6 integrated and the R7 Dedicated GPUs together, thanks. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.MLEAA.002

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

angelkom,

The Aspire E5-551G only utilizes the two graphics cards individually for power savings and performance. During normal use or non-graphic programs the notebook should use the R6 for the power savings, while during performance or high graphic demanding programs the system should use the R7 dedicated GPU. You should also be able to configure your Global settings in your Catalyst control center.

• jpereira611
    jpereira611 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Does that mean that I can configure it to work with Dual Graphics/Crossfire?

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

jpereira611,

The system is not configured to do that and I don't think that would be possible either. I believe this not possible becuase the R6 is an AGPU and not an on board GPU. I know there is some instances if you have a motherboard with an AMD graphics card to run crossfire with a discrete video card that is installed in the PCIE x16 slot. However, this system is not configured that way.

I apologize and hope this answers your question.