Can the S7-392 read the SDXC standard of SD card?

abdekker12
abdekker12 Member Posts: 33

Tinkerer

The Acer S7-392 specifications state only "SD", but not whether the SDHC and/or SDXC card types can be read. A quick search of the web shows multiple contradictory web pages! Some saying "yes", some saying "no".

So, hopefully an actual Acer representative or an actual S7-392 owner can answer: Can the in-built SD slot read the newer SDXC format (which according to Wikipedia will be formatted with the exFAT file system)?

Thanks!

Alain

Best Answer

• jvreeland
    jvreeland Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

Yes. I am using a Sandisk Extreme 64gb exFAT card with no problems

Answers

• jvreeland
    jvreeland Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

Yes. I am using a Sandisk Extreme 64gb exFAT card with no problems

• abdekker12
    abdekker12 Member Posts: 33

Tinkerer

Thanks! I recently bought the S7-392 and was disappointed to find the SSD HDD had ~102GB of usable space (the remaing ~22GB being reserved and not usable). I shall now extend the memory by purchasing some SDXC cards.

Acer should probably take a little more care to get this specification right. There are three different formats of SD cards (apart from the "mini" variant) and some web sites are claiming that the S7 does NOT support the SDXC format. Notably, one compared a powerful MacAir with the Acer and one of the plus points for the MacAir was that it "supported SDXC"! Smiley Surprised)