aspire v3-472PG-56UG windows 8 to windows 7 downgrade

tahooba
tahooba Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Good day!

My father bought this laptop from the middle east and it comes with windows 8.1 (which really sucks) so i've been trying to figure out how to downgrade this via google, but hell with it seems like i am the only one who have this laptop yet, i cannot find the exact model anywhere in the internet so my only hope are you guys. Please help me.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You need a installation media of windows 7

enter BIOS pressing F2 at boot

disable safe boot

set Legacy instead of UEFI

press F10 to save and exit

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27071/~/how-to-enable-or-disable-secure-boot

insert your windows 7 installation media

boot pressing F12

select the installation media as boot device

install windows

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tahooba

hello sir i am very sorry i replied so late, my account was lost.

so alot of things happened.

btw thank you for answering my query, now i am wondering what drivers should i get for my laptop? can i use 8.1 drivers for windows 7? are there any risk for doing so? please help me.

• IronFly

you can try with some drivers of the V3-471G

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4075;-;Aspire%20V3-471G

• tahooba

is there a chance that it might brick my laptop? i have so many experience of upgrading from older OS to newer OS, but downgrading is just making me paranoid

• IronFly

not installing an OS.

• tahooba

oh scratch what ever i said above im just getting paranoid...my laptop is in a mess, windows 8.1 my P.C. setting suddenly isnt working and asking me to do a "refresh" =_= i will try your solution and coe back here ^_^

• IronFly

to be honest i would reinstall windows 8.1 using acer erecovery (just press ALT+F10 at boot).

do a backup of your personal file before do it.

windows 8.1 is way better than windows 7 on using ram and hardware resources, so the only thing you can complain is the metro UI in my opinion.

do you know that you can log directly to the desktop?

do you know that you can install a little mod to put back the old windows 7 start button (classic shell) ?

• tahooba

Would erecovery reinstall windows 8.1 even though i do not have a Disc?(This is the 1st time i had acer im totally ignorant)
    I found acer applications(stock/factory) somewhat good i want to retain them, would they be reinstalled after doing Erecovery? I split my HDD to 2 parts, one is for my personal files and one is for the Operating System itself, would erecovery let me choose to preserve my personal files? 

*by "do you know that you can log directly to the desktop?" what do you mean?
    *and for "do you know that you can install a little mod to put back the old windows 7 start button (classic shell) ?" - yes i am using mods to make a W7 UI.

I have this little guy on my acer he's one of the factory apps,ARM.jpg

• IronFly

Since you splitted your HDD, the Acer erecovery will not work, it needs the default HDD partitions.

by the way you can try to make a DVD/USB installation media, clicking on  create a factory default backup, this will copy the recovery partition in to a DVD or USB (better USB but you will need 16 or 32GB storage).

then you will need to wipe completly the HDD and use the DVD/USB media installation to re-install windows as factory.

*by "do you know that you can log directly to the desktop?" what do you mean?

i mean that on windows 8.x you can log on directly to the desktop, instead of the Metro UI.

• tahooba

things sounds too complicated.
    **bleep** windows 8 bugs. i never expected that it would totally ruin the entire OS.
    my problem is i dont have USB or any Disc that has that much capacity. they are too expensive too.
    and if ever i do a complete reformat all i have was a fake Windows OS. **bleep**...

btw the picture i uploaded a while ago there is that 2nd option that says i can retain user data. Can i use that to refresh my OS to factory without losing my personal files? would that work on splitted HDD

• IronFly

you can try it but i doubt it will work with your repartition, by the way your personal data will be retained.

• tahooba

Good day sir!

I did it!
    i chose the 2nd option and even my HDD are splitted it WORKED like magic!
    Now all of the windows settings are working (hopefully it wont happen again)

But i lost all the things i used to make my UI Windows 7....and i didnt bookmarked them....do you have any good preferable mods to make my desktop like W7? Thank you

• IronFly

good to hear it!

Classic shell is a standard as UI mod.

http://www.classicshell.net/

• tahooba

Thank you for your help! I'll bookmark this page so the next time this problem occurs again i'll be able to fix it quick. ^_^

• IronFly

you welcome.

• MEETV1991
    MEETV1991 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is it possible to upgrade CPU in this laptop? (V3 472PG-56UG)