Acer Aspire E1 572 battery won't charge!

Options
LordEdit
LordEdit Member Posts: 2 New User

i bought this laptop a couple months ago and since i got it, the battery has just not charged. it just says "plugged in, not charging" i tried another power cable and it charged for 30 seconds then stopped charging but it still said "plugged in, charging" even though it wasn't charging. I haven't tried a new battery yet because i don't want to waste money on something that might not fix it. 

any help is appreciated. thanks!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

You may once check by removing and inserting the battery.

If still no charging, you may refresh the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery " in device manager.

Please follow the below mentioned steps :

Disconnect AC adapter > Shutdown Windows > Remove battery.

Connect AC Adapter > Power on the laptop > Open Device Manager

Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and select Uninstall, even if you have only one

Shutdown > Disconnect AC adapter > Insert battery > Connect AC adapter > Power on the laptop

If the issue persists, check the warranty information and contact Acer support.
    If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat
    If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• LordEdit
    LordEdit Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i did the steps like you said and now its worse. the original power cable doesn't work. the computer won't recognize that it's plugged in. i have to use a different cable now. give me an adress to mail it to because i tried before and it said my address was invalid. im getting really tired of this *****.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat
    If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support