Why does my Acer R7 touch keyboard appear in Chrome and IE, but no other apps?

Options
christexaport
christexaport Member Posts: 16 New User

I am running Windows 8.1, with the latest drivers and updates. My touch keyboard works when using Chrome and IE, but no other apps. It never had this issue until today.

Best Answer

• christexaport
    Answer ✓
    Options

I guess I posted the solution in another place, since it was causing alot of issues, but here's my post from that thread as well:

"ok, weirdest thing ever. FIgured the issue out. The touch keyboard had become corrupt. I used the touch keyboard troubleshooter to fix another issue, and voila! Rotation of Ezel restored. I think Chrome is borking the touch keyboard operations from time to time, not sure. But I know I fixed my issue. No spending required. :smileytongue:

A link to download the touch keyboard troubleshooter is at the bottome of this page:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/using-touch-keyboard

Hope this helps someone else."

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

christexaport,

If this was not a problem until now, have you tried rolling back to a previous date to see if the corrects the issue?

• christexaport
    Options

I thought I posted my solution, but maybe it was on another post. I used the keyboard troubleshooter, and it fixed everything. settings had become corrupt.

• christexaport
    Answer ✓
    Options

I guess I posted the solution in another place, since it was causing alot of issues, but here's my post from that thread as well:

"ok, weirdest thing ever. FIgured the issue out. The touch keyboard had become corrupt. I used the touch keyboard troubleshooter to fix another issue, and voila! Rotation of Ezel restored. I think Chrome is borking the touch keyboard operations from time to time, not sure. But I know I fixed my issue. No spending required. :smileytongue:

A link to download the touch keyboard troubleshooter is at the bottome of this page:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/using-touch-keyboard

Hope this helps someone else."

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

christexaport,

We thank you for following up with the solution you found. We value your contribution and help. I hope you have a wonderful time with your R7.