my keyboard is not functioning, i am using the pop up keyboaed. when i go to control panel and loo

Daisypearl
Daisypearl Member Posts: 15 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives

sorry i donot hknow how to delete or backspace   the "HID keyboard device properties" tells me "windows cannot srart this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged.

this occurred after a restart required by a copy a  ov avast anti_virus software. after the restart i could not use my keyboard to type in my microsoft password.  the mouse works and i am hunting and pecking with that.

mt      my computer is an Acer Aspire z_3 alli one  the keyboàrd mouse combo are "stadnard keyboard"

i called avast immediately and told them about the problem--had not realized it was a keyboard problem, thought the resrat had disabled the logon.  avast sent me to microsoft and the said it was a keyboard problem but it was the hardware vendor,'s problem and to call acer.  acer dx a keyboard problem and said they would not be able to sendme a new one for3-5 working days.  she didmention either the auxiliary keyboard or checkingthe control panelfor info.

if that code 19 indicates aregistry problem isn'ttahat a windows problem?  any help is appreciated!!!  again, pls excuse this typing

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Have you tried to uninstall the MS driver of HID keyboard?

When you'll restart windows, it'll detect a new device and install the MS driver.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Have you tried to uninstall the MS driver of HID keyboard?

When you'll restart windows, it'll detect a new device and install the MS driver.

France
  • Daisypearl
    Daisypearl Member Posts: 15 New User

Thanks so much--I discovered this yesterday afternoon and got it done yesterday evening!!  You were right on; I did unstall the Avast software, restarted and it did the same thing.  I really appreciate your help.

Apropos of nothing--do the people who provide the online help read these queries?  The woman with whom I spoke did not tell me about the pop-up keyboard on the task bar [my fault, I knew it was there, just had never investigated its use] but she kept telling me my keyboard was broken and she would send me a replacement one in 2-5 working days.   Duh--after I discovered how to sucessfully type on the pop-up [again, thanks for wading through my initial question Smiley Wink  ] I googled the problem and apparently it is not infrequent.   Just commenting--as someone who will also be an old XP advocate this whole adventure with 8.0 and now 8.1 has not been any grins

• effy4
    effy4 Member Posts: 3 New User

The exact thing happened to me! I decided to uninstall Avast, and instead installed some other anti virus prog. Thanks for the info! Smiley Happy

• Ceceama90
    Ceceama90 Member Posts: 1 New User
    When I type a letter, two letters show up. I use an Acer aspire notebook . Please, what do I do?