Acer XB280HK in burn in mode after calibration.

darkmanh
darkmanh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives

Hello all!

I got an Acer XB280HK about a week ago and after calibrating it with the X-Rite i1 Display Pro, it goes into burn-in mode (cycles through primary colors) whenever the PC is turned off or it goes into stand by.  If I do a factory reset then it goes back to normal.  However, that removes the calibration settings so I'm looking for a way to turn off the burn-in mode.  

Does anyone know how to get in the service menu for this monitor to turn burn-in mode off?  Or any other solution to this issue?

I appreciate your help!

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

darkmanh,

I am sorry for the delayed response. I was looking for a solution to disabling the burn-in test. I couldn't find it for this particular model but it is  typically consits of these steps:

1. Power off the monitor
    2. Hold down the “e” empowering tech button, the press the Power button to turn on the monitor while still holding the “e” and then press the Menu button to open the OSD menus.

• darkmanh
    darkmanh Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Ryan,

I tried that and it doesn't work. Holding the e or left most button (opossite to the power button) doesn't allow the menu button to show the OSD menu.  Are you sure those directions are for my display model? the new 4K G-Sink Acer XB280HK?

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Does the burn-in test only come on after you do a calibration? If that is the case, then it sounds like something within the software is being set to start the burn in test. Try using the monitor without the calibration software if that is the case.  

If that is not working or unacceptable, then the only other suggestion I would have is to contact technical support in your region for further assistance.

• ThePhil
    ThePhil Member Posts: 1 New User

Running into the same issue after a recent powerloss, any ideas on how to get out of this mode?

• MarkJohnson
    MarkJohnson Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I have this same issue.

The burn in test comes on during sleep, reset,  or when I shut off the PC completely.

It's been doing this for a few days now since I calibrated it using colormuki Display.

I have to manually turn off my display after use or the burn in test seems to run forever, instead of just letting it sleep on its own.

Has anyone found a solution?

-=Mark=-

I uninstalled the colormunki Display software v1.1.1 and it still does it.

• ssateneth
    ssateneth Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

To those getting this problem. You all used color calibration software to calibrate your monitor, yes/no? If so, did you use Automatic Display Control (ADC, where it automatically controls brightness, contrast, and RGB values during calibration), yes/no? If so, you probably ran into the problem I did. I don't have an XB280HK, but a XB270HU, hopefully it is still relevant.

I didn't think of the colors as "burn in mode", which it did when no displayport cable was connected. But I also lost my brightness/contrast/RGB values when the monitor was powered off from AC power, or soft powered off for longer than 20 minutes.

I ended up RMAing it, and I'm guessing they did a factory reset and nothing more, because I got the same monitor back and it no longer has that problem anymore.

Someone in my thread said there was a button combination you can do to fix this, but I have not personally tested it because I don't want to trigger the problem again by using ADC.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Monitors/XB270HU-loses-settings-after-powered-off/m-p/362935#M3805

• ALevesque
    ALevesque Member Posts: 5 New User

There is a major issue between the XB270HU and X-Rite iProfiler + i1 Pro.

I've looked deeper into this and alor of people on the net are all having the EXACT same problems/symptoms after using iProfiler + i1Pro.

Before using iProfiler +i1 Pro everything is working perfectly. Then after using those, instead of going into sleep mode, the XB270HU goes into ''test mode''. Also, ACR can reset itself, or use strange values like 100 brightness and 0 contrast.

All this is cause by using iProfiler + i1 Pro.

• sblantipodi
    sblantipodi Member Posts: 46 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Same problem here with XB271HK and the xrite i1 display pro + iprofiler.

The only way to workaround the problem is to disable the deep sleep on the monitor. This will prevent the monitor to forget the settings if you turn off the pc for more than 20 minutes but the problem remains if you remove current to the monitor.
  • sblantipodi
    sblantipodi Member Posts: 46 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Same problem here with XB271HK and the xrite i1 display pro + iprofiler.

The only way to workaround the problem is to disable the deep sleep on the monitor. This will prevent the monitor to forget the settings if you turn off the pc for more than 20 minutes but the problem remains if you remove current to the monitor.
    I correct myself, the problem remains even by disabling the deep sleep.
    No way to use the automatic calibration from XRITE products. What's a shame for a monitor like this.