Acer Predator G3620

MikeB1951
MikeB1951 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have an Acer Predator G3620. It has blue-screened three times, I took it back to factory using the Acer emanagement?? (left ALT + F10). Now it will not go past the screen for emanagement. I just ordered the disks for it and I am going to order a hard drive. My question is, how do I know which hard drive type (SATA, SATA II, SATA III, USB or SAS) I need to buy. I hate to buy the wrong thing, any help is appreciated.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

SATA III

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • MikeB1951
    MikeB1951 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you, Hopefully the new hard drive will fix things. I appreciate the prompt response!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

I would check ram sticks too, try to do the recovery with just one stick if you have 2 of them.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • benkee
    benkee Member Posts: 1 New User

These systems store the win8 product key in the bios so just replace hdd download and burn a copy of windows and install and it will find that windows/bios allready activate windows for you, IF u r going from a 3.5 drive sata 1,2 or 3 to a ssd you need to change some bios setting there is a you tube clip of that to.. Smiley Happy Hope i help someone as i have spoken to acer and they say the key is on the hdd so got to send pc with new hdd to them to install new software and rec image for a few $100.. ACER ARE **bleep** WITH SUPPORT AND ALLWAYS WILL BE TILL WE TEACH THEM TO USE THERE OWN PC'S, TABELTS AND SO ON