Problem recharging Acer A1-810 tablet

Options
lindabgood
lindabgood Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer A1-810 tablet sine 7/12/13. OS is 4.1 jelly bean.  As of yesterday I've been having a problem recharging.  Normally it only takes approximately 2 hours if the power is very low.  Yesterday it told me I only had 13% left.  So I hooked it up to charger and I now at 15% power.  Why is it taking so long to recharge?  After I hooked it up to the charger I looked at the screen and it looks like the inner battery is dying.  What should I do?  What can I do?  The manual on trouble shooting and charging tells me nothing about this problem.  HELP!

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Have you checked with a different Charger,. Check with different charger & post your comments here
  • ardit_dashaj
    ardit_dashaj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The fact that your Acer device requires more time to charge does not mean that your battery has reached EOL, but the power for charging it, looses on the way or the charger generates lower quantity of electrons per time (otherwise known as Ampers or signed with A). But it has an dependency even to other factors too, such as kernel used on device (some linux kernels requires more power then others), applications and system services installed and running on the same time of charging (these happens usually if you charge your acer by being powered on) temperature of environment and quality of mains power line!

To determine if this case is not happening because of kernel and services installed (asking for more power and letting less power for battery to charge) do: power off your Acer, plug the DC cable to the device and plug the charger to mains. Measure the time required to fully charge your device.

Still to much time needed for charging?

Check the DC mini USB connector if it is to free when pluged in device or damaged. If yes and if it is connectable to the charger side with USB connector (removable one) replace it with another new one (with thicker conductor's section) lower resistance (ask vendors for 2A appropriate supportive cables). Else, replace the charger with another appropriate one. Usually A1-810 requires 2A DC charger!

Replaced Charger with a lower power one?

Use the correct one or your battery, sooner or later, will start to reach EOL, because it may not reaches fully cycles of charging!

Charging Acer with cable connected on USB Ports on PC?

Usually USB ports on PC generates no more than 0.5A DC voltage. This mean that a Single USB Port is incapable to charge the device. Then an "Y" Cable is required for connecting 2 USB ports on PC in paralel, so the power generated is the SUM or USB Ports. Still this charge requires more time and in many cases the device to be in Standby Mode (pasive mode).

A battery reaching EOL, usually generates heat more than normal and disscharge faster than a good one, and even if the device is powered off, it keeps to disscharge all by itself.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Nice write up. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.